Chapter Thirteen

Cassandra

I was dumbfounded in front of the mirror. I don't know if I still want to continue this marriage. Yes, today is Nicolas and my wedding day. Guess what? Only our family is there. No friends, co-workers, or relatives. Just my Mom and Dad, then Nicolas' parents.

From what I have witnessed in recent days still cannot be removed from my mind. The pain is still there, not disappearing. The sweet moment of them still lingers in my system.

I looked at myself in the mirror. From my makeup and wedding dress, I should be happy on my wedding day. That's how the bride must feel, but because my situation is different, I'm sad and hesitant to continue. I can't help but imagine the kiss that took place between Fiona and Nicolas. It hurts. So much.

But I don't like him. Why am I hurting?

The corner of my eye started to heat up again. I held the flower tightly.

"Why am I acting like this?"

I closed my eyes tightly, but my tears were already dripping down my cheeks and forced to calm myself. I adjusted the dress and wiped away the tears, then stood up.

"I won't give him the pleasure and satisfaction that he'll just make fun of me. I don't want to lose, and let's just see Nicolas who will win between us. Although I don't know your plan to agree to this agreement, I'll find out in my own way."

When there was a knock, I stood in front of the mirror. I looked at myself before heading to the door and opening it. Mom greeted me with a smile.

"You're so beautiful, Cassy."

Sluggishly, I returned to the chair in front of the mirror. Mom followed me and looked at me in the mirror. "Are you okay?" There is worry in her voice.

"I don't know if I'm going to continue this, Mom. I'm scared. I don't know, but I'm always scared when I'm with them. When I'm in their house. I'm scared, Mom." My tears flowed immediately.

She knelt by my side and took a tissue that was on the edge of the glass and wiped away my tears. "Don't be afraid. When something happens, call me right away. I'm just here, Cassy. Don't worry too much. Your Dad knows what he's doing."

She hugged me tightly and then kissed me on the temple. "Let's go."

I nodded then stood up. I will trust them. Dad knows what he's doing. This is for my own good. My safety. Maybe I'll be safe in their hands even if I'm afraid of them.

Mom went first outside while I was still grooming myself. Before I could even get out from the room, my phone dinged. A text message from an unregistered number entered.

"Poor you. If I were you, I wouldn't continue that marriage. You'll just be damned, Cassandra. You don't know the De Luca. Who they really are. How brutal they are. How much they kill and how easy they are with people. Run away, girl, because if you don't, you will just die, and what's worse, if Nicolas himself kills you, just like my sister. Think carefully. I want you to think it carefully before you end up everything. I don't want you to be like my sister. She suffered a lot."

Shaking, I immediately called the number, but it was unattended. It can no longer be contacted.

I was even more thrilled by what I read. Is all this true? I sat down in front of the door and thought of a decision.

"Run away, girl."

I still remember that message. Should I run away? After a few minutes, I stood up and full of self-confidence to run away from the wedding, but all that stopped when the door suddenly opened, and Alfred entered. My eyes widened.

"You can't do anything, Cassandra. Your parents will be ruined if you run away."

"I'm not going to run away." I tried to hide the nervousness in my voice, but I knew that it didn't escape from Alfred.

"Your face shows something else. Don't worry; I won't tell Nicolas. Let's go; they've been waiting at church for a while." The escape plan in my mind all crumbled. I guess, I already dug my grave.

I could do nothing but follow Alfred to his car. "Uhm ... Alfred?" He turned around. "Where's mom?"

"She's already there." He replied then continued walking. I immediately complied.

My mind floated when we arrived in front of the church. Mom and dad were out with Nicolas' parents.

I didn't even realize I was in the aisle walking to the altar. And even more surprised when I saw the woman who was with Nicolas days ago.

Fiona.

Her eyes were emotionless and just stared at me wickedly while raising an eyebrow. Why is she here?

When I passed her, I immediately turned my attention to the altar. Nicolas stood on the side as he waited for me to get closer. His eyes were also emotionless as he looked at me.

And the time goes on. I didn't know it was over; I just felt Nicolas' lips on mine. It was just fast but I felt some voltage of electricity creep into my stomach.

Like butterflies flying in my stomach. Creating havoc.

When it was over Elizabeth immediately pulled me to the back. We went straight to a door. "You change now." She gave me a dress.

Confused I looked at her. "What is happening?" I ask.

"Someone told the media that Nicolas will get married today, and this time maybe there are a lot of media outside preparing for the two of you to come out. Wear it." I just reached for the dress and got dressed. I didn't even know I just followed her.

When it was over, the door suddenly opened, and Fiona entered, which surprised me even more.

"Just in time, Fiona."

What the hell is happening?

______________

What do you think, guys?

Vote and comment.