Chapter Fourteen

Cassandra

My gaze shifted to Elizabeth and Fiona, who were now starting to wear my wedding gown.

"What is happening?" I ask, confused.

"It's okay, darling. Everything's fine. Walk with me." Elizabeth immediately pulled me out of the room.

On the side of the door, there was Nicolas with his Dad and my father. They stopped talking when they saw us. Nicolas' father approached me and then stroked my arm, assuring that everything was fine. I looked at Dad, but he just nodded, and then Nicolas, but he was already busy on his phone. I don't know, but I felt pain.

"Let's go, darling." Elizabeth led me out of the church. I turned to look at the church before getting into the car. I wanted to ask, but I just didn't release it. Even before our car left, I saw many reporters approaching in front of the church, then I turned around and saw them both.

Nicolas and Fiona.

They held hands while smiling at reporters. Tears welled up in my eyes as I witnessed it. This is insane. What the hell is happening?!

"I know, darling. Nicolas will explain this later. We need to go home."

I looked at Elizabeth. She just smiled at me. Is there anything I can do? They are already there. In the eyes of the people, they are the ones who married. They were both happy while I was here, hurt, and sulking.

What will happen to me? This is what I fear, what my life will be like after marriage. What is the use of our marriage if in the eyes of the people, Nicolas married Fiona?

Might I add that Fiona is Nicolas' girlfriend, and the whole country or even the universe knows about that. It's just confusing why they even bothered me, put me in this matter. Did Dad just give my hands to Nicolas for my safety, or was there some other reason?

"This is for your own safety."

Then, it hits me hard. If so, I don't have to live in their mansion. We're just married on paper, so I don't have to stay next to him. He has Fiona, and she is Nicolas' wife in everyone's eyes.

Okay, I'm safe. No need to explain to all my friends. I can do whatever I want.

I breathed a sigh of relief at the thought. Well, guess it's my luck. I turned to Elizabeth. "Uhm. I'll just go straight home. I want to rest because I still need to take care of something."

Her forehead furrowed. "What do you mean by that, darling? Of course, we'll go straight home and just wait for Nicolas and your parents there."

"No. What I mean is in our house. Not in your mansion."

"What? Why-"

"No need. I already know what I'm going to do. I still have work to do; I have so many tasks and projects to be done by this week, and my professor is very demanding. He's very strict when it comes to a deadline. I'm sorry; maybe I'll visit there next week. You know, I'm in my last year, and that means a lot of requirements have to be done before the deadline."

"But darling. You can do that in the mansion."

"Nope. I can't concentrate when I am in a different place. I prefer my bedroom."

She would have answered, but I preceded her. "Please."

She closed her eyes then breathed. Then, she nodded slowly and smiled. "Thank you."

"Make sure you go to the mansion next week." I nodded at her. She smiled.

When we got home, I immediately got off but also stopped when I heard the car door open. I turned around and saw the weeping Mrs. De Luca approaching me. She caressed my face. "Be careful. I'll be waiting for you next week at the mansion. I know Nicolas will be angry when he doesn't see you later, but I'll explain everything to him. I'm happy, and I met you, my precious one."

I watched Elizabeth's car drive away before entering the house. I went straight to my room and fell on the bed. Tired of the wedding. Tired of the drama. Tired of the pain I feel. Tired of everything.

I was just lying down when my phone vibrated. I picked it up, and a message came in. Same as before.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You didn't listen to me. Because of what you did, your life is in danger. Your husband and his family are not ordinary people. Cassandra, count your days. Maybe tomorrow you won't be breathing.

I threw the phone on the floor, causing it to break. My heart was pounding with fear. The pulse was fast, and I had difficulty breathing.

I looked around the room then stood up and peeked outside. There is no one in the whole house because my parents haven't come home yet. I also don't know why they don't have her yet.

So I did, I locked myself in the room. All the lights were off and squeezed to the side of the room.

My phone on the floor flashed again. I stood up then picked it up. The crack was visible on the screen.

Message from Flynn.

Hey Cassandra, I just wanted to say hello to you. I'm sorry for my actions in the past few days. I wish we could meet today. Just dinner not a date. I know who your fiancé is and I'm really scared of him.

Does Flynn know who Nicolas is? Who is he really? Is this my chance to find out who they really are?

I texted Flynn back, saying I'll go with him. Soon my phone flashed again.

I'll fetch you.

I went into the bathroom and washed, changed clothes before tidying up. Soon someone blew a horn outside. I peeked out the window and saw Flynn's car. I immediately went down and left the house. When I got in the car, we left immediately.

My phone flashed again. I thought it was mom or dad, so I looked at it, but my eyes widened when I read the message.

Get out of that car if you still want that man alive. If you don't go out for five minutes, just say goodbye to him. I told you, wife, when I see you again with that man, he will never see the sun.

******

So, what are your thoughts about this chapter?

Don't mind the errors, guys. I'm suck with grammar and all. But I hope you enjoy it!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment. 😉