Chapter Twenty

Cassandra

I was stunned by the dark sky. The thick clouds envelop the bright moon. It starts to thunder and the lightning was visible in a dark sky. Soon water slowly dripped from the sky.

The rain will pour down again. It's always like this when something bad happens to me. The rain would pour down as if it was sympathizing with the pain and grief I was feeling.

I will admit. I still can't forget Nicolas' answer to Arturo. I didn't hear anything else because I immediately left my hiding place. I was afraid he might say more hurtful word.

After all, who am I to him. I was just his wife on paper and he loved someone else. That was Fiona. I have nothing against that model. With her beauty I was so lost compare to her.

I just finished crying so now I'm just forcing myself not to shed any more tears. I was looking around the room when my phone rang in the middle of the bed. I adjusted my clothes and went inside. I closed the balcony door because it was raining harder and harder.

I approached my phone and saw Flynn's name there. After our last meeting he no longer texted or called me. It was only now. I answered him.

"Flynn."

"How are you Cassy? I would like to meet you. I'm here in Italy now because I'm just taking care of a job. I'll be back the other day so if only we could meet before I return to America. Can we?"

"That's great. Let's meet tomorrow. Just text me where we'll meet."

"Wouldn't Nicolas be angry?" I fell silent. I almost forgot about him. He still strictly forbids me to leave the room. But he will leave tomorrow because of his work and I already know the time when he will return so I can sneak out tomorrow. I just had to go out early in the morning so no one would notice. I found out that at dawn there weren’t too many guards outside so it was safe for me to get out when that was the time.

"I'll take care of myself Flynn.  He won't know."

"Okay. See you tomorrow Cassy."

"See you."

I sighed as I dropped the call. I looked at the time. It should be early in the morning. Looking at the clock it says that it was early in the morning.

I didn't realize it was dawn. Nicolas did not go home either. I also couldn’t sleep because of what happened yesterday. To this day it still hurts but I force myself to be okay. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. When the rain subsided then I would run away.

When I finished bathing, the rain was not so heavy. It was just a light rain. After I fix myself it's only the mist. Before leaving I put my phone in the middle of the bed. I immediately left the room.

There is no guard in the hallway. I hurried to the main door. Even though it was dark, in a hurry I reached the door without making a noise. I slowly opened the door. Exactly no guard as well. I immediately ran the very long road to the gate.

"Ma'am why are you out here at this hour?" I looked at the guard. I made a fake smile.

"It's an emergency. I have a friend and she got an accident so I have to leave." The guard even scratched his head and then radioed someone. Soon a car arrived.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I just called for a car because all of the Capo's cars are with him." I nodded then quickly got into the cab.

Flynn's text arrived just in time for my ride. The shiver just disappeared from my chest when I could no longer see the gate. I relaxed and leaned back in the chair. I gave the driver the address.

*********

I smiled when I saw Flynn enter the restuarant. He looked at me curiously. "It's so early. I thought I'd be the first who will get here and waiting for you." I smiled.

It was eight o'clock in the morning and I was out for five hours. Just wandering around. "Because I can't do anything at home so I got up early."

He smiled at me then we sat down. We ordered and while waiting for the food we started talking. "So. How are you? I saw the news. Why aren't you in the news? Why Fiona? I don't understand Cassy. I thought you were Nicolas' fiancèe?"

"That's a long story. But in short, that's for my safety." I smiled bitterly at him.

"But it shouldn't be like that. They are big people. They are powerful and they can protect you. I just don't understand why they show Fiona to other people as his wife. Because of this Cassy, you will only get hurt.Why did you let that thing- "

"Stop." I cut him off. "We don't love each other so it's okay. Nicolas' girlfriend is Fiona."

Flynn faked a laugh. "Wow. I can't believe it. Why did Nicolas married you when he has a girlfriend?" Flynn looked at me. "This is wrong Cassy. If you continue with this set up you will only hurt Cassy."

"It's okay. I don't love Nicolas." My voice weakened at the last thing I said.

"Are you sure?" The corners of my eyes heat up. The corners of my eyes watered. No matter how hard I tried not to pour it out I did nothing because it was too painful. My tears are now dripping from my eyes.

Flynn immediately approached me and rubbed my cheek. "Hush. I'm sorry. I won't talk anymore."

"I don't know why I'm hurting. I don't know what I'm going to do anymore."

"It's okay. If you want someone to talk to just call me. Even if we're a few kilometers away I'll come to you. I'm just here Cassy."

Flynn moved his chair closer to me then hugged me tightly. I could do nothing and shed my tears. All the pain I poured into tears on Flynn's shoulder.

Flynn and I even talked after my drama. After the restuarant we toured the area. I was so engrossed by the place we visited that I momentarily forgot about the problems and pains I had experienced these past few days. And at first I was able to roam too. On a few days I was in the mansion just inside the room that I think I could go crazy with boredom but now I had a lot of fun as we explored the beautiful places of Milan. We even stopped at a store to buy food.

"Do your friends already know you're married?" I shook.

"They don't know yet and I also don't know how to tell them." He nodded.

"Tell them when you get home." I agreed with him.

I actually had fun today. I forgot everything. Even the time I forgot. The sky was almost dark and Flynn and I were still on the road. "Do you want me to take you home?" I shook.

"Don't. Nicolas might see you again. It's a good thing I didn't bring my phone. By any chance, I might have been interrupted by a call from him. And I left my phone because he might track me."

"Be careful Cassy. Let's meet again in America." I nodded.

I was on my way back to the mansion but I was almost out of breath due to nervousness. My chest was pounding. Nicolas was definitely got home by this time. When we reached the gate I immediately went out.

"How is your friend ma'am?" I looked at the guard then smiled.

"She's just okay."

I took a walk and run to get to the door. The guards scattered outside looked at me surprisingly. The one guard talked something to the earpiece that's stuck in his ear.

The man immediately opened the door for me. When I entered I caught up with Alfred in the living room. Nicolas was not there. "Where have you been?" He questioned.

"Just there in the back. I'm just walking around." I lie.

He first looked at me curiously then nodded and turned his attention back to the papers.

"Where the fuck have you been ?!" Nicolas's loud voice echoed throughout the mansion. I turned around and saw Nicolas at the door. Looking at me darkly. His eyes burn with anger. His two hands were clenched and I felt like I was going to die of a heart attack due to nervousness.

_______________