Chapter Twenty-One

Hello to dia675 from Bahamas. Thank you so much sweetheart.❤❤

Cassandra

Nicolas held my arm tightly as he dragged me. He threw me into my room harshly and slammed the door shut. I recoiled in shock. He met my gaze.

"Where did you go?" It was a cold question.

I backed away but he just came closer. As I backed away, he stepped closer to me until my foot touched the  end of the bed. "I said, where the hell did you go?"

"I just went outside. I was so bored here in the room so I went out." I explain.

"Didn't I say, you can't leave the room until I tell you. Are you really thinking? I didn't know I married a woman who's mind is like a child." It was as if something had struck my heart when I heard that. My tears flowed. "Where did you go? I saw you on CCTV coming out of the gate. Who was with you outside?"

Why didn’t I think of that? Of course with the size of this mansion might I add also that they are second in the list of being rich people, they will not forget the CCTV for protection. But it kinda weird why he didn’t go to me or search me.

"I'm asking you Cass. Who's with y-"

"I'm not with anyone. I went out alone."

He even approached me while staring into my eyes. I resisted his stares. I hope he doesn’t see in my eyes my lies.

"The next time you leave this room your punishment will be worse." He left the room immediately and I took a deep breath. That was close. I thought I'm going to die.

When night came the maid picked me up in the room for dinner. When we got there Nicolas and Alfred were already there. I just sat quietly then started eating.

"Go with Alfred tomorrow. Buy your dress for the event tomorrow."

I turned to Nicolas. "What event?"

"Don't ask." I fell silent again. This is what I'm saying.

I used to be free to move, I was free before to do whatever I wanted but now, I no longer have the right to speak and act without his permission.

I didn't asked and talked. I just ate there silently but I didn't have half the food when Nicolas stood up. I looked at him then at his food. It's like he didn't eat.

I also turned to Alfred when he also stood up and they left the dining room together. I took a deep breath then let go of the cutlery. How else can I get an appetite for it? They left me. They really don't respect the food food. Like what the- this is blessing.

I stood up then followed them. When I got to the living room I immediately hid when I saw them on the sofa.

"They will give a lot of money and their products were not that cheap. The quality of the weapons was so good. It will be better if you accept Mr. Macini's offer."

I was stunned what I heard. What weapon are they talking about?

"Did they bring a sample? Even just a gun." Nicolas asked.

Gun?

"There is. They brought two boxes to the warehouse. They already have a contract. Mr. Macini trusts you so he won't hesitate in this matter. He will wait for your call."

Shit! What kind of work do they do?

I immediately left my hiding place, afraid that the two of them might see me again. I went back to the kitchen where the helpers were already busy with their work. I approached them. I leaned over the counter and watched them. One of them was old and if you look at her maybe she's the head of the servants. After putting away the equipment, she looked at me and then draw closer to me.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked.

I smiled then shook my head. "No. I'm just bored so I came here."

She nodded. "If you need anything just say so."

Sh was about to leave when I stopped her. "Actually, I just wanted to ask you something if you don't mind."

"Sure. What is it?"

"About Nicolas."

She shook so I frowned. "I can't answer any of your questions about him. We have rules to follow here and we can't break that because if we did broke one rules then probably we're buried now six feet under the ground. If you want an answer why don't you just ask him? You're his wife, aren't you? "

If only that thing were that easy maybe I would have asked him that thing a long time ago. I have no choice but to monitor him in all his actions but how can I do that if I can't get out of this mansion.

We're only here for a few days but I can't enjoy it.

I went back to the living room they were still there but they weren’t serious about the conversation unlike earlier.

They both looked at me but I just stared and then went straight to the stairs. I was about to step on the stairs when I heard Nicolas' voice.

"You can come with me if you want. I know you're bored here."

'Good you know' I rolled my eyes. I went back to the living room. Alfred was grinning while Nicolas I couldn't read the emotion. When will I be able to see his smile?

"Would you like to come along?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow. "It's good that you thought of that thing. Did you know I was so bored in that room? I thought I was going crazy."

"Okay let's go." They both stood up then started walking when I stopped them.

"Wait."

Astonished, they turned to me.

"Are we leaving right away? I have to prepare you know."

Nicolas growled. "Then make it fast. Damn woman." His voice rumbled with irritation.

____________________

Sorry guys...that was boring.

But don't forget to vote and comment.