9.04

"You'll drop her off at daycare, right?" Helena questioned, grabbing her bag as she took one last bite of her toast

"Yeah, honey. And don't forget we have that meeting with the lawyer, about the crash." He told her, as Helena pressed a kiss to his lips.

"Right, I won't." She moved over to her child, pressing a kiss to her cheek as she told her. "Bye, bye, pequenina. Mama will see you later. I love you both."

And, as Helena walked away, she felt that slight panic twist her insides. That panic she felt when she had to leave Mark, every since the crash. The fear of almost losing him again.

——

"So, now Alex is complaining about your house?" Helena asked Meredith, as they walked to the ER.

"Yeah, he's lucky I'm even selling him the house!" She complained. "And he's says there's is dry rot... there's no dry rot!"

As they walked into the ER, they heard a teen scream in pain, as Stephanie Edwards, one of the new interns, caught them up.

"Brian Danzinger, 17, he passed out in first period English. Uh, severe abdominal pain, tremors, and he's hypertensive. He's parents are on the way." She told them, as Helena grabbed the chart.

"Thanks, Edwards." She shot her a smile, turning to the teen, as Meredith palpated his abdomen. "Brian, I'm Dr. Campos but you call call me Dr. C, I'd you'd like. Were you drinking this morning, or did you take anything?"

"No, I don't take drugs." He told them, through a clenched jaw. "God, what happened?"

"He's distended as he's got tenderness in the right upper quadrant." Meredith told her friend, who furrowed her eyebrows at the kid.

"Does he look jaundiced to you?"

"A little." The blond agreed, as the kid folded over himself in pain. "Brian, I'm gonna need you to lie back down, please."

As Helena helped him rest his head against the pillow, she noticed some hair had fallen off, as she took her hand away. "Mer?" The blond woman's eyes widened as Helena turned to Stephanie. "Alright, please make sure you get LFTs, coags, a tox screen and an abdominal CT."

"Edwards, what do you think this is?" Meredith questioned.

"I-I think... I'm sorry, I don't know..." She muttered.

"That's alright, we don't know either, yet." Helena reassured with a smile, as Meredith joked.

"For all we know he could have dry rot."

——

"Are you scaring the interns again?" Helena questioned, as she saw Stephanie scurrying away from Meredith, at a nurses station.