fourteen

"he'll be fine," taeyong gave the male waiting outside the clinic a hug, "you should take care of yourself while they're patching up sungchan. take a shower and grab some food," the leader gently pushed the younger, "i'll wait here too and i'll call you when he's done."

shotaro nodded tiredly and went on his way. dragging his feet up the stairs towards his room felt so exhausting except the moment he came across the person he wants nothing more than to avoid and he found the smile playing on that male's lips oddly annoying. perhaps because he was drained for the day and a friend was hurt. 

"how was the mission, taro?" hansol asks, waiting at the top of the staircase while the younger looked up from the middle of it. 

"nothing much," the japanese faked a smile, "it was successful minus the part where sungchan gets hurt." he continued going up the stairs and faced the older, "if you may excuse me, i'll just freshen up and get some rest."

before the tired male was about to leave hansol's sight, he left him with a warning that made him stop in his tracks and look back, "be nicer around me. renjun's getting suspicious of you. don't want them knowing something they shouldn't, hm, taro?" when the male's face showed up a scared expression, it made the other laugh. "now run along. sungchan will be waiting for you." renjun's suspicion around the newest member still hasn't left him and it shows.

"just give me time, i'll figure things out on my own. you don't have to lift a finger," shotaro turned his back and walked down the hallway to his room. 

once he closed the door, he rested his back against it and slid down. sitting on the floor, the male ruffled his hand through his hair and reflected on his decisions, "what mess have i gotten myself in?"

"there you are," sungchan's hoarse voice greeted the japanese male as he entered the clinic. "got enough rest?" he tried sitting up on his own but only had a hard time and gave up making the older chuckle.

"got too much rest that i didn't get the news that the operation was done," shotaro laughed lightly, stopping by the bedside. "i fell asleep once my body hit the bed after a shower."

"its good that you rest first," the patient lifted a hand out for the other to take and made him sit down next to him while still holding his hand, "you still have some trauma from your first kill?"

"i guess" the smaller played with the bigger hand, keeping his focus there, "i kind of had a nightmare of that guy holding you down with a knife but instead it was me in your position. he was so scary like the way he was smiling and—"