Chapter 38

Averys Pov:

"Mom?"

I quickly get up, run over to her and hug her tightly. She chuckles happily while wrapping her arms around me too, which makes me smile.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as we pull away.

"Well..your brother called me yesterday that you're visiting him so I booked a flight so we three can spend time together again." Mom answers, making me smile widly.

"Oh and who's this lovely lady?" She asks as she looks over my shoulder to Victoria.

I turn around to look at her and she's just staying there nervously, which makes me smile. So I walk over to her and grab her hand in mine before taking her over to my mom.

"Mom, this is Victoria. The girl I told you about, you know? But now she's my girlfriend." I tell her and her eyes widen.

"Oh wow, it's nice to meet you, I'm Helen!" Her mom exclaims before pulling her into a big hug, which..caught her a little off guard.

"It's..nice to meet you too." Victoria replies while slowly putting her arms around her.

Mom then pulls away to look at her. "You're so pretty! Avery you have a good taste." She says, making me chuckle and Victoria blush.

"I knowww, right?" I respond while wrapping my arms around Victoria from behind.

"She's way better than Jack." Mom mutters, which makes me look down.

"Um..about that..we saw him today." I mumble as I pull away from Victoria.

"What, really? What was he doing here?" She asks while crossing her arms.

"He said he came here after he somehow found out that Avery's here. But we left as soon as we could." Victoria answers for me while gently taking my hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Did he do something?!" Matthew asks sternly but I quickly shake my head.

"C-Can we just not talk about it?" I ask and they all quickly nod.

"Um..I haven't introduced myself properly yet. I'm Bea, Matthews fiancee. It's nice to meet you." Bea says as she holds a hand out for Victoria.

"Nice to meet you too." She replies while shaking her hand.

"So..how about we all go out together? We could go to a restaurant?" Mom suggests and we all agree.

"There's a Mexican restaurant near by. It's really cool, I've been there a lot with my family when I was younger." Victoria says, making me smile.

"Sounds great!" Matthew exclaims cheerfully, which makes us laugh.

We then all got dressed again and walk out our cars. Victoria and I are driving in her car and Mom is going with Matthew and Bea. Before we started driving Victoria quickly gave them the adress.

*****

We just arrived at the restaurant and wow, it looks fancy! After meeting up with my family again we walk towards the entrance.

"This looks so cool!" I gasp as we enter the restaurant, making Victoria chuckle.

"Hola Victoria!" A man says cheerfully as we walk more into the restaurant.

"Marcell! Cómo estás?" Victoria replies before they both hug quickly.

"I'm great! What about you?" He asks as they pull away with a smile.

"Never been better." She answers and then turns to look at me.

"Marcell, this is Avery, my girlfriend." She says as she takes my hand.

"Ohh, how adorable! It's very nice to meet you." Marcell says while shaking my free hand.

"It's nice to meet you too." I reply with a shy smile.

"Marcell is like a uncle to me." Victoria says as she patts his shoulder before we walk towards the tables.

We all sit down at a big table and look at the menus. "I didn't know you can speak spanish." Matthew says, making Victoria look at him.

"Oh my dad is Hispanic so I can speak spanish fluently since I was a kid." Victoria answers with a small smile.

"Victoria, is that you?"

We all quickly look to our right to find a girl staring at us. Or well..Victoria.

"Emilia? Since when are you working here?" Victoria asks with a frown.

"Oh it's just for over the holidays." She answers with a small smirk.

"Haven't seen each other in a while, huh? You look good, Victoria." Emilia says, which makes me raise an eyebrow.

Is she..flirting with her?

In front of my family?

"Um..yeah, you too." Victoria mumbles awkwardly.

"Well maybe we can talk later?" Emilia asks before walking over to another table.

"Okay what was that?" I ask while looking back at Victoria and she sighs.

"Well..we met in college, she was in her last year while I was in my second. It was always obvious that she had an interest in me but I never had. I even told her that, a lot actually but she never listened. And I guess she hasn't moved on yet." She answers and you could clearly tell that she's annoyed by that situation.

"I guess we both have some idiots who are obsessed with us." I mumble while laying my head against her shoulder.

"Yeah.."