fifty-six

Naomi Black

Sometimes we often forget that no person is sent to us by accident.

"Is she coming?" Sloane asked, sitting on the couch, rocking her body and aggressively biting her fingernails. I frowned, she was definitely going to complain later when the acetone is poured on her nails during her weekly manicure.

Nat continued to type on her phone, "Yeah. She texted me she wants all of us to sit down and talk." It had been an hour since I got home with Reese.

Natalie threw her phone on the coffee table while Sloane grabbed a throw pillow, shoving her face into it and then screaming. "Woo girl! Scream it!" Nat cheered her on as I chuckled.

"She's going to kill me," Sloane mumbled into the pillow. Nat chuckled pitifully at her as Sloane released herself from the pillow. "Seriously—she will hurt me." She states as I roll my eyes.

"Sloane, she wants to come to hear us out. She loves us still, she wants to work on things not make them worse." I remind her as she groans. "You guys weren't the one's sneaking around with her brother's penis inside of you for a whole semester and a half!" She hits back as Nat and I let out a chuckle.

I don't feel like myself.

I was covered in hives from my anxiety, not from this situation, but Reese. Matti and I did have hope.