||38||

Weeks later_
First week of summer break_
Musutafu Airport_

"Where are we going, sir?" I asked as me and Pyro-Shock boarded the plane, "you've been seriously quiet on this week training location for ages. It's not like you. I'm surprised."

"I can keep secrets," he muttered as he began looking around for our seats. Eventually we found them and sat down.

"No you can't," I quickly shot down his earlier statement, "you suck at keeping secrets. It's honestly bewildering that you managed to do such a thing when you're so loose lipped."

Pyro-Shock let out a dissatisfied hum and looked away.

"Whatever you say, well, I'll tell you," he huffed, "We're going to France~"

"France?" I repeated, "why?"

Again? This is the second time I'm going to France. Though, I guess the first time was under weird circumstances.

"We're going to be sleeping outside in the middle of the alps," he told me, "time to work on breaking your limits and try to finally stop your body from burning yourself to pieces when you go past what you can usually handle. We probably should've done this last year, but it slipped my mind. So we're doing it now."

"The alps, huh?" I let out a small hum before smiling, "that guy will be there."

"What guy?" Pyro-Shock looked at me confused.

"The guy from the future who sent me and Tamaki home again. He and his wife," I told him, "though, he won't know me since it was the future him I met. It's kind of confusing now that I think about it, but it is what it is."

"Well.. You probably won't meet him since we're not going near the resort or anything else," he told me, "we're literally climbing up the mountain and staying near the summit. It'll be harder for your flames to work so the more you get used to working up there, the easier it will be back down here."

That... makes no sense but whatever floats his boat.

°🔥°
14 or so hours later_
Grenoble Isère Airport_

"No Mitch Hall greeting me this time," I hummed to myself as I waited for Pyro-Shock to find his bag. It somehow went missing so...

Looking around, I found it kind of amusing how the airport was pretty much identical to how it was in the future, granted, it was a tad bit smaller, three runways less than in the future, but other than that. It was the same.

"I found it!" Pyro-Shock came running over to me, breathless, "some random kid had it. I almost had a heart attack when he tried to open it. I don't need some random kid wrecking my gear."

Wow. Ok then. Fair enough though, I suppose.

"Well, anyway, let's go," Pyro-Shock turned and began walking to the exit, I followed after him silently, "We're going to be meeting a former classmate of mine. He's based around here as a rescue hero so he can help us to get the spot we want to go to safely."

"Who is it?" I asked curiously as we exited the building, I noticed people were giving me odd looks. Then I remembered that I'm wearing a short-sleeved shirt and shorts. Guess it does look kind of weird doesn't it. I think it's probably supposed to be cold, but I feel nothing.

"He's called Frostbite or something like that," Pyro-Shock told me, "he pissed me off all through UA, but I punched him enough in a fit of blind rage."

Oh wow. I'm learning a lot on this trip. Mostly that my teacher who is usually cheerful and carefree, can also get annoyed at some random person.

"Hey, hey, hey! If it isn't Oni Ren," a really loud voice appeared out of nowhere. We both turned to the source to see some huge ass dude. I mean, he was built like a fricking mountain.

"Kouta Blanche. It's been a while, hasn't it," Pyro-Shock nodded to him with a slightly irritated expression, "this is my student, Saisei."

"I'm Saisei, you can just call me by Mikhail, though. It's nice to meet you, sir," I bowed my head to the hero in front of me. He leaned forward and squinted.

"You're Saisei?" he asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"The real Saisei?" he asked again.

"Yes?"

"Saisei?"

"Yes."

"You mean the guy who destroyed a ship of body controlling drugs and also half an abandoned warehouse and the surrounding area fighting his ex who became a Villain, then later a whole bar?" he asked again, "that Saisei?"

"... Yes. Is there an echo in here or something?" I asked, getting irritated at the constant back and forth.

"You look like a twig," he suddenly said, "I feel like I could snap you in half with my bare hands."

What the—???

"I'll have you know, I'm very muscular, thank you," I glared at him, suddenly feeling kind of offended that I looked so weak to him, "and strong."

Although looking at his physical form... he may not be completely wrong.

"Oh wow, did I hurt your pride, little man?" Kouta asked, snickering to himself. Pyro-Shock face palmed (I'm just going to start calling him Ren now because damn is typing his name annoying) and let out a small groan, also annoyed at Kouta's words.

"I am not little," I glared up at him, "You're just a giant."

"Oh yeah?" Kouta asked, "how tall are you, mini man?"

Why I outta—

"I'm six foot and a half, for your information," I told him.

"So small," Kouta patted my head, "I'm six foot eight. Try not to strain your neck talking to me."

He's...

This bastard.

He's treating me like a child!

"Why you—" I went to attack but Ren quickly stopped me.

"Stop annoying Mikhail, Kouta," Ren glared at the oversized idiot giant, "just take us to our spot."

"Fine, fine," Kouta put his hands up in mock surrender, "let's go you two."

God I hate this guy.