Chapter twenty

Ok so maybe being pampered isn't so bad, first they had me take a relaxing bath and I got a massage to loosen up my muscles even more. I'm so relaxed I feel like I'm floating.

They did my nails and hair, and my make up. I basically didn't have to anything but sit there or do as they asked. Once I was all dolled up they let me finally see how I looked. Holy mother of... I'm so letting them take over when I need to look breathtaking because WOW! I don't think I've ever looked this good before.

My makeup is subtle, but makes me look like I'm perfect, I'm so not. My eyes look captivating, my lips look luscious, my skin looks radiant, my cheek bones look like a model's, and that's just my face. My auburn hair has been left down in gentle waves, so that Raven can run his fingers through my hair. I'm telling you the man has a fixation with it, ok maybe not but he did say he likes the feeling of being able to touch me where ever he wants, and in public my hair is neutral and it relaxes me and him in return so hey win win.

My dress is black with Crimson crystals on it, it looks like Crimson stars in the night sky. The style of my dress is long in the back going down to my ankles and goes down to my knees in the front. It's off the shoulders and semi form fitting. It makes my skin look like roses and cream. My necklace sits on my dress like the moon in the sky. My shoes thankfully are not stilettos but are a strappy heel, the heels are just thicker.

Hopefully that will keep me from falling on my face, because that would suck big hairy donkey balls if I face plant in front of everyone.

"Ok finishing touch," Martha, Raven and Jackie's mom calls as she walks in. Turning to her she shows me a beautiful hair pin, it's white gold with interlocking swirls and red crystals on it.

"Martha it's so beautiful are you sure you want to give it to me?" I ask in awe.

"Silly we had it made especially for you a year ago, I'm not blind I saw how close you and my son have always been, we knew deep down the Moon Goddess tied him to Wendy to show him that you have always been the best choice, that way he learned to be truly proud and thankful for you to be his mate and not take you for granted. I know this isnt technically a wedding but welcome to the family dear," she said putting up some of my hair with the hair pin.

"I'm honored and love you all so much," I say trying not to cry.

"My turn!" Jackie says with a smile holding out a beautiful charm bracelet, it has a Crimson heart crystal, a moonstone in the shape of a moon, two wolves howling together, an S and an R. "I just thought I would get you a little something too," Jackie smiles and I hug her tightly.

"I love it! You're the best!" I say making her giggle.

"I know, I know, stop you're making me blush," she says making me laugh.

"Ok now you're ready," Martha says with pride.

We walk down stairs and to the grand ballroom that has been decorated for this occasion. The lighting is done to make it look like candlelight, while the moonlight filters in through the window wall. As I make my way to the front I see that my pack and our guests have risen from their seats to watch as I walk up to where Raven waits by the Statues.

As I take my place next to him up front he takes hold of my hands, giving me a wink he turns to our pack and guests.

"Tonight my mate will take her vow and officially become your Luna," his voice is clear and rings with authority.

Turning to me again he begins, "Do you swear to protect this pack, to help guide our people, to put their safety in your hands, to hold their trust and respect, Do you swear this on your life?" He asks me looking into my eyes.

"Yes I swear on my life to protect my pack and always think of their safety, to rule beside my mate, to do my best to guide our people and hold their trust and respect," I answer.

Pulling out a knife Raven cuts his palm and holds it out to me, cutting my palm we put our palms together over the relic and bleed upon it, I can now feel all of our pack's minds, they are overjoyed to welcome me as Luna.

Together we turn to our pack and Raven calls out "welcome your Luna Scarlett Moonlight!" Everyone cheers, "now before we sit down to dinner we will have our pack run, our guests are welcome to join, we will run to the lake and back!"

Everyone cheers again, the lake is two miles away. I hear some of the kids saying that they could get there faster than each other, looking at Raven I smile, "you ready baby?" He asks me. "Yes dear let's go!"

We all make our way out side and as a group undress and shift. Shaking out my fur I ask Kohaku, "are you ready?"

Kohaku- hell yeah! She barks happily in my head.

And the run begins I'm in the lead with Raven bringing up the rear, to make sure there isn't any stragglers. I do my best not to totally leave anyone in my dust, I realize I'm much faster than I thought so I'm more trotting than running. Soon enough the lake comes into view, we stop to drink then start heading back once everyone is ready to run back. When we get back we each grab our clothes and shifted back.

"OK WHO'S READY TO PARTY?!" Raven yells out. This is going to be a very long night I think with a smile, holding Rave's hand we make our way to our table inside.