yang yang - forest

word count : 516

-

"yang yang, where are you going?" you asked your boyfriend as he walked off of the path in the park you were in.

"come on, let's go explore," he urged you to follow him.

"we're going to get lost," you said to him.

"it'll be fine," yang yang reassured you. you rolled your eyes at him, "don't do that to me."

you sighed and followed him into the forest. you held his hand as you two continued walking.

"oh.." you remembered something and sighed.

"what is it?" yang yang asked.

"i bought you a shirt, but i left it at my apartment," you answered.

"oh, you did? you don't have to buy me anything, you know," he said, "but i appreciate it." he kissed your cheek.

"i saw it the other day and thought you would like it," you mentioned. "we should go shopping together the next time we're both free," you suggested.

"i'd like to do that," he smiled at you. "watch your step," he said as you two approached a log that was in the way. yang yang stepped over it first and you followed him. "i love spending time with you. it's so much fun," he said.

"well, we haven't been able to spend time together lately, so we have to make the best out of it," you replied.

"i'm sorry that i don't get to spend a lot of time with you," he apologized and squeezed your hand.

"babe, it's okay. you know i understand," you said to him. you reached up and kissed his cheek, "life happens."

he smiled, "what did i do to deserve you?" he asked and kissed you. you laughed and both of you continued walking. however, as you two walked further through the forest, yang yang's stomach growled. "oh." both of you looked at each other and laughed.

"maybe it's time that we head back, babe," you said to him.

he laughed again, "yea." you two turned around and started walking back the way you came from. "can we go to your apartment to eat?" he asked.

you nodded, "mhm, we can. i'll make you something to eat." you two approached an small cliff. yang yang stepped up and turned around to help you up. you took his hand, "thanks."

"of course," he said and you two continued walking.

"hey babe?"

yang yang looked at you, "yea?"

"is this the way we came from?" you asked him.

"i thought it was..." he muttered and both of you looked around.

"i told you we were going to get lost..." you said to him.

"i'm sure we're not that lost," he tried to reassure you.

"uh huh? right," you replied and started walking away.

"babe? where are you going?" he asked you. "you're going to get more lost."

"you got us lost in the first place, you doofus," you responded and heard yang yang coming after you. "i'n never listening to you again if we go into a forest."

"sounds like a smart idea," he replied and held your hand again while you tried to find your way out.