ten - soccer field

word count : 611

-

"hey, what are they doing here? we have the field first," you spoke when you saw your school's boy soccer team on the field.

"maybe there was miscommunication?" one of your team members spoke up when you guys walked onto the sidelines.

"coach! what's going on?" you asked when you saw your coach a few yards in front of you.

"me and coach lee need to figure some stuff out for the championship games. you guys just play nice with the others. and don't fight with each other, or at least try not to fight with each other," your coach said to you and your team.

"they're the ones who always pick fights with us!" one of your teammates spoke up.

"yea, it's always them!" another teammate spoke up.

"okay, okay, but just try to keep the tension down. every single player is an asset and we need all of you for both championship games," your coach said before walking away.

"man, this sucks," you said and dropped your bag on the grass.

"it won't be so bad. come on, we need to practice," one of your teammates said and you nodded.

while the rest of your team started warming up, you went into the locker room and changed since you were running late from helping another teacher. you left the locker room and put your regular clothes in your duffel before switching your shoes.

"ball!" someone yelled and you looked up to see a soccer ball heading towards it. it stopped near you and you tied your shoes.

"hey, y/n, pass it over!" the team captain, ten, yelled at you with his hands in the air.

you stood up while picking the ball up and threw the ball away from ten. ten rolled his eyes at you before going after the ball.

you quickly warmed up and started doing drills with your teammates for most of the practice. towards the end of the practice, your team captain decided for all of you to play a small game and make sure you knew the new formations that were created.

"y/n!" a teammate yelled at you as you continued running. your teammate kicked the ball over to you and you shot the ball into the goal.

"nice one, y/n!" a teammate said to you.

"okay, i think it's time to go. even the guys left," your team captain said to you and your team. "get home safe!"

"see you guys."

"bye! see you tomorrow!"

everyone got ready to leave and slowly started leaving the practice field. you walked to your bag and grabbed your water bottle. you drank a bit of water before changing shoes and leaving the field with your belongings.

as you started walking home, you saw ten standing by the gate that leads to the entrance.

"what are you still doing here?" you asked and ten turned around.

"waiting for you, idiot," he replied and you walked up to him. "you did good out there," he said to you and kissed your forehead.

"i would've watched you more, but i was kind of busy," you said and both of you laughed.

"it's alright but you better watch me at our game on tuesday," he said to you.

"you better watch me at our game, too," you said and you two started walking to your house since ten always walked you home. "tired?" you asked him.

"always," he replied, "i can't believe the championship game is already here."

"i know. time flew by this year," you replied and looked at him, "you'll do great, babe."

he smiled and looked at you, "you'll do great, too, y/n."