62. Mosaic broken hearts

I rang the doorbell, waiting for an answer. I felt Elodie pull my arm as we waited. I wasn't even sure if anyone was home.

I picked up Elodie whom brushed her hand trough my hair right away. I had gotten some blue and pink colored highlights because I wanted to do something else for once.

"Is he home" Elodie asked. I shrugged, not sure if he was. "I hope so" I mumbled as I rang the doorbell again.

We waited another two minutes before Elodie aggressively knocked on the door. "El, don't do that. He will open if he is here." She sighed and pouted. "It's okay, don't be sad" I whispered as I kissed her forehead before putting her down and ringing the doorbell again.

The door swung open, "Have some damn patience" a voice said. I looked right into the face of a woman. I didn't know her, I genuinely had no idea who this woman was and why she was here.

"How can I help you?" she said as she crossed her arms. "I'm looking for Harry" I said as I felt Elodie's eyes staring up at me. "Yeah, he's inside. He's busy."

Suddenly Elodie ran past the woman, into the house. "Elodie come back!" I yelled, she looked back with a grin on her face before running further inside.

"Elodie?" the woman said. I nodded, "Yeah emh, I'm so sorry. If you let me in I'll go get her. We will come back when Harry isn't busy."

"Stay" She said before letting me inside. "Oh if he's busy, I wouldn't want to bother him" "Elodie is his daughter, right?"

I nodded, "Yes she is" "So you are the nanny or?" "Elodie's mother, Harry's ex wife" I said with a faint smile.

"Stay, both of you. Anne would love to see you again, I'm sure" My mind started racing, Anne as in his mother.

That's when I realized, this was his cousin. I met her twice before when we were teenagers, she was stuck in Europe during our wedding so I never saw her again.

"Oh no it's fine, I'll go get El and we will come back later" I mumbled as I walked further into the house. I walked to where I saw Elodie run, the living room.

As I walked in I saw Anne and Gemma on the couch, Harry with them. Elodie was snuggled into Harry's side, trying to hide from me. All of their eyes focused on me as I walked in.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be a bother. Elodie suddenly really wanted to come and wouldn't stop begging. We'll come back some other time" I apologized as I faintly smiled.

"No dear, please stay" Anne said. "I have missed you around, it's been too long since I saw you" Gemma nodded, "Stay, we want you here"

I smiled at them before looking over at Harry, "you heard them, you're staying" I nodded before walking over to the couch and sitting down next to Harry. "I'm sorry I sent Jennifer to open up, if I knew it was you I would have opened myself"

I shook my head, "It's fine, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have came if I knew you had people over" He chuckled, "They literally begged me to invite you earlier. You're fine"

I laughed, he did have an amazing family. Jennifer walked back in and sat down next to Gemma. Elodie sat down on Anne's lap, wanting to spend time with her Grandma.

"Tay, I absolutely love your hair" Gemma noted, "Thank you, you're the sweetest. I wanted to try something new and Elodie voted for this so here we are. I absolutely love the lighter brown you have now, it suits you so well" I smiled at her, her hair did look absolutely amazing.

We chatted for a while when suddenly Anne asked a question I wanted to avoid today. "And you are seeing someone now, right?"

I nodded and smiled, "Yes, yes I am" I said with a smile, a slight blush appearing on my face.