𝟘𝟛𝟠.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT ━━ accidents upon accidents

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT ━━ accidents upon accidents

━━━━━━━━━━

THE NEWS THAT RON WAS POISONED SURPRISED EVERYONE. Not only was it unexpected, it was on his birthday! According to Ginny, Harry saved him after he drank the poisoned mead Slughorn wanted to give to Dumbledore. First Katie, now Ron, it was like someone was avidly trying to kill off students.

     There had been theories going about a student who had become a Death Eater. As usual, the Slytherins got the most attention. It again showed how prejudice people were at Hogwarts. They expected someone to be an attempted murderer solely on the colour of their robes.

Lyra remembered when Harry explained his theory on how Draco could've been branded. It made sense with all the things he pointed out but she didn't want to believe it. Draco had his many issues but deep inside him was the boy who'd do anything for her. (Even putting peas in his pants because she didn't like them.)

All she knew was that Draco was a bigot, not a murderer.

With Ron unable to play Keeper, Lyra was aware that Harry had to make a decision. The one he made was picking Cormac McLaggen. The same brute who questioned her Quidditch abilities and even worse, Ginny's!

Lyra agreed he was the best choice since he had talent but he was painful to even listen to. Even if she didn't want to, Harry had made a choice. Besides, he was only a temporary replacement.

The Match they'd play that day was Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff. Lyra was sure that she and Ginny were thinking the same thing. They'd show Zacharias they were better than him at Quidditch.

The whole team was waiting for Harry to arrive. Everyone had already changed and Dean made a valid point when he pointed out that it wasn't normal for Harry to be late. "And he's supposed to be the captain," Cormac mumbled. You're not even supposed to be here so stop complaining, Lyra thought.

"Maybe Dumbledore asked him to come to his office," Demelza suggested.

      "I don't think he'd do that before a game," said Ginny. "He does it during weekends after practice."

"Maybe he got lost or something, it happens to the best of us," Ritchie shrugged.

     "If anyone knows Hogwarts well, it's Harry," Lyra said. "There needs to be a better explanation on why he's late."

"There's no good explanation on being late. He as a captain should be here f " And at that moment, Lyra had lost complete patience with Cormac McLaggen.