twenty two

lunch is over and the teachers leave their seats at the table with an adequate amount of friendly chatter, finding their usual rooms without hassle and already inviting eachother around for a cup of tea.

quirinus quirrel hands his trunk to a house elf that comes and leads him to his room in the teacher quarters.

"well, then." albus says, looking over at you. "straight to buisness?"

"that would be wise." minerva scoffs. "did you see the way she reacted to him?"

"but, it's quirrel. he's never been particularly dangerous-" severus mutters, and looks down at you with much more trust than you would ever have expected from someone like severus snape.

"something's changed." he bites his lip. "he's on the other side."

"maybe it had to do with that encounter he had with a vampire a couple of months ago? he's developed a stutter too-" minerva gasps. "maybe he's a vampire!"

"maybe." albus considers it.

severus shakes his head. "no. he's just a death eater."

"how can you be sure, sever-" minerva says.

"i told him." you finally speak up.

"i didn't hear you-" she frowns.

you lift your finger and tap the side of your head and her lips part as she understands.

"oh." minerva says softly.

"come on." albus says. "to my office. we need to figure out how to go on with this."

"what-" minerva splutters. "you can't leave a death eater here-"

"we should call the aurors-" severus mumbles. "but we need evidence-"

"oh, there's more than enough evidence on him." you scoff, smiling.

"so let's go," minerva says, taking one of your hands. "show us, y/n. we'll get him arrested."

"no. we should get up to my office." albus says. "we really-"

"don't be stupid, albus." severus snaps. "if we leave now, he'll be a danger to all the staff here-"

"he really won't-" you say.

"if that's the case then-" albus tries again.

"no!" minerva tugs your hand a bit more. "we need to get him out of here. a death eater! in my school!"

"it's my school, minerva." albus sighs, sounding tired. "and please if you will all just listen-"

"albus-"

"no, he's right." you say, pulling your hand out of minerva's grip.

she stares at you.

"he's right." you repeat, looking down at the silver rings on your hands.

"you need to think of the bigger picture. quirrel spends an entire year here, and because of him there are a few milestone events that occur to harry-"

"psh." severus scoffs and turns in the other direction.

"which need to happen." you continue, glaring at him. "to train him, to help him be the best wizard he can be."

you look down.

he's only eleven.

"there's no way- can't we just sack quirrel-" minerva asks.