Chapter 19: Memories

"How many of you are wolves?" I questioned Sam that was standing at the end of my bed.

He leaned on the rail his arms flexing "How many leeches are out there?"

"Many" I smirked realizing he would tell me everything I wanted to know as long as I reciprocated.

He knew about the Cullens' being vampires so all I had to do was dodge the questions about the family and focus on the species.

"There is four of us right now" he replied and straiten his posture "You said there was another one of the Cullens around"

"Not a Cullen" I shook my head no bitterly "She is a more traditional vampire; she feeds on humans"

"How you know her?"

"I think you are familiar about my sister's and I accident from the summer" I continued once he nodded his head "Bella was with the Cullens when three nomad vampires showed up, their names were James, Laurent and Victoria"

"The Cullens killed James when he tried to bite Bella on Phoenix" Sam tried to keep his cool but I could see him struggling "Victoria got away, she tried to attack me but Rosalie, Emmet and Maggie came in time, I was having an asthma attack so they decided that taking me to the Hospital was a priority"

"We would've sent someone after her" I heard him mumble under his breath but chose to ignore him.

"Laurent you just met" I arched an eyebrow "I assume you took care of that"

"We did" he nodded solemnly.

"Victoria is bound to come back" I sighed, starting to feel a light headache "She wants revenge, she thinks that killing Bella and I would even the balance"

"Why?" he furrowed his bushy eyebrows.

"Surely you are familiar with the term 'An eye for an eye', well in this particular case 'A mate for a mate' would be the correct meaning" I started to fiddle with the hem of the sheet.

"You were dating the blonde leech" I winced at his words.

"Jasper is just my friend" I rolled my eyes, Charlie was a blabbermouth and probably told his friends all about how his youngest daughter was dating a guy who had a girlfriend.

"I was not talking about him" Sam's statement froze me "You were dating the blonde woman"

I felt my face go red as a tomato "How...? Did Kim tell you?"

"Kind of" Sam grimaced "Jared imprinted on Kim"

"Is that supposed to be an explanation?" I gritted my teeth, I had trusted Kim with my intimacy and she divulged to a bunch of hormonal teenage boys.

"Shifters have this special bond called 'imprinting', the first time you look into the eyes of your imprint, everything changes" Sam got a dreamy look on his eyes "You would die and live for her, fight the rest of the world for her, be whatever she needs, brother, friend or lover"

I was not getting what he was saying, was it like love at first sight? I understood the feeling, he was describing my feeling towards Rosalie and I knew I was enchanted by her the first time I ever set eyes on her, an angel walking among mankind.

"From the first time we met you have hated me" Sam smiled shyly "I know you are one of Leah's best friends"

"You broke her heart" I rolled my eyes "You left her for her cousin"

"I hate myself for how things happened" he admitted leaving me speechless "I had no control over it, I imprinted on Emily and there was not going back"