𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"Parasite technique: Corruption."

Sukuna prepared to be hit with some kind of pain. Sukuna finally realized what she was doing. She was using Corruption not on him, but on herself. Sukuna saw the wound on Kaiya's hand healing abnormally faster than her other wounds.

Black markings appeared on her skin that crawled up her neck and onto her cheek. The white of Kaiya's eyes turned dark grey, nearly black. Suddenly, Kaiya disappeared from Sukuna's sight.

Kaiya was down on the ground. She turned her body away from Sukuna and kicked her foot up, her heel hitting Sukuna's jaw. Sukuna noticed that there was a lot more strength and power behind her attack. Whatever she did to herself must've increased her physical strength.

I can't hold this for long, Kaiya thought to herself. I need to do as much as I can.

Kaiya moved her leg down to sweep his feet but Sukuna grabbed her ankle before she could move any further. Sukuna kicked her in the face. Kaiya slid on the ground, using her hands and feet to try and slow down her momentum.

She turned her head and spat out a blood clot, she wiped the edge of her lips with the back of her hand. Kaiya looked up at Sukuna who was putting his hands together.

"Let's even the playing field, shall we?" He asked.

Sukuna closed his eyes for a brief moment. He opened his eyes again, "Domain expansion: Malevolent Shrine."

Shit! Kaiya cursed mentally.

Kaiya's domain was quickly overwhelmed by Sukuna's. She closed her eyes and raised her arm to protect her face.

Outside of Kaiya's, now Sukuna's, domain, Megumi saw the dark bubble shatter and was replaced with another one. "Shi--" Megumi cut himself off, "Kaiya!!" Megumi yelled.

Inside Sukuna's domain, Kaiya looked around, unable to find Sukuna. She was getting worried. She was going to stand up until the negative effects of the amount of cursed energy she used along with using Corruption on herself began catching up with her, the markings on her skin slowly disappearing.

She coughed up blood on the floor and groaned in pain. "You put up a good fight," Sukuna spoke. Kaiya looked up and saw him sitting on what looked like a throne above her, "A better fight than most Reapers did back in the day."

Sukuna stood up and made his way to Kaiya. Sukuna grabbed her throat and pulled her up to her knees with his sharp nails digging into her neck, blood dripping down Sukuna's fingers. Kaiya gripped his wrist and struggled to breathe with the strain on her throat.

"Looks like the effects of whatever you did to yourself are wearing off," Sukuna continued.

"Are you going to kill me...?" Kaiya asked quietly. Sukuna chuckled, "I don't want you to die yet." Sukuna said.

"The bond inside of you was reawakened, wasn't it?" Sukuna questioned. Kaiya shook her head, "I don't know what you're--"

"Don't lie," Sukuna cut in, grabbing the sides of her face, craning her neck up to expose more of it to him. Sukuna's grip tightened around her throat, his nails only digging deeper inside her.

Kaiya exclaimed in pain, the sound was muffled by Sukuna's hand. Kaiya tried her best to nod her head. Sukuna let go of Kaiya, letting her fall on her hands and knees. She coughed and put one hand around her throat, her other hand was used as support to keep her up.

"Good girl," Sukuna smiled, "Being honest is better, isn't it?"

Sukuna knelt down and grabbed Kaiya's chin, forcing her to look up at him. "Reapers are naturally loyal creatures," Sukuna said, "Your kind was loyal to me before the jujutsu sorcerers."

Sukuna let go of her chin. Kaiya's arms gave out from under her, causing her to fall onto the ground. Sukuna used his index finger to wipe away a drop of blood from one of the open wounds on her neck.

He watched as the wounds slowly healed. "Don't go anywhere," Sukuna said, licking the blood off of his finger.

Once Sukuna's domain had fallen, Megumi saw Sukuna standing over Kaiya. "Shinimi-senpai!" Megumi shouted. Kaiya tried to push herself up with her hands but her arms gave out from under her. Her domain took a large toll on her body, using it required a lot of cursed energy. The same cursed energy that had a negative effect on her body whenever she used it.

Ever since she was a first year, Satoru trained her to keep her domain up for a certain period of time. Even with her healing properties, it was hard on her body and she would have to miss missions because she'd be too weak to handle it.

Using Corruption also had a large toll on her. She had only used it on herself once, when she was a first year, but never used it again because of the negative side effects.

"Megumi..." Kaiya trembled, attempting to get back up again, "Run..." Kaiya coughed up black blood on the ground and fell back on the ground again. Megumi looked down at the pool of blood in front of her. Despite knowing her for a long time, he's never seen her bleed.

"I'm not leaving you," Megumi replied. If Megumi left right now, Sukuna would be alone with her. Megumi had no idea what he could do to her if they were alone. She would be too weak to fight back, he had to stay.

"Don't be stupid, Megumi," Kaiya argued, her voice was hoarse and strained. "Please..." Kaiya added quietly, too quiet for Megumi to hear. She felt so drained at the moment. It was the first time in a long time she felt powerless. She hasn't felt like this since she was a first year, and she hated it. At this point, she was struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Now that I don't have to worry about her doing anything," Sukuna began, "I thought about what else I could do right now," Sukuna tore off Itadori's shirt, revealing the black markings on his chest, arms, and abs. Sukuna lifted his hand and plunged it into his chest.

Megumi gasped in shock and widened his eyes at the sight. "What are you--" Megumi began to ask. Sukuna pulled his hand out of his chest, Itadori's heart in his hand. Blood poured out of the fresh wound onto the ground.

"I'm taking this brat hostage," Sukuna said.

"Hostage?" Megumi asked.

"Yeah," Sukuna replied, "I can live without this, but that isn't true for the brat." Sukuna threw the heart to the side, "Swapping out with me means he dies."

Sukuna reached in his pocket and pulled out one of his fingers. "For good measure," Sukuna added. He opened his mouth and swallowed the finger, "With that I'm free as a bird. You can be frightened now. I'll kill you!"

"For no particular reason," Megumi began, "Our positions are reversed now."