Chapter 70

"Weapons, on the ground. Now." Pavlovski demanded as he stared at Angelo. 

Angelo grit his teeth for a moment before reluctantly obliging. He slowly held his gun up to the side before placing it on the ground in front of him and kicking towards the center of the room. I looked over towards Dante before my eyes were drawn to his all black gun a few yards away from him. I stayed silent with my hands slightly raised, grateful that I tucked the knife Angelo gave me discretely in my waistband.

"All of them." Pavlovski commanded as he glared at Angelo. 

Angelo scoffed as he removed the knife from his belt. He glared at him while he bent down, touched the knife to the floor, the shoved it away from him and near Pavlovski. 

"I'm going to make you regret the day you were ever born." Dante growled through his teeth. His body shook as he held onto one of his best friends, who's limp body laid lifelessly in his arms. Blood pooled beneath them, gradually soaking most of Dante's clothes. 

"Please." Pavlovski scoffed before his lips morphed into a scowl. "Your family has tried, and look how well it turned out for most of them." He sneered evilly as he lifted his chin slightly. Pavlovski's face held nothing but disgust as he stared down at Dante. 

"You have the audacity to speak about our family." Angelo scoffed as his eyes stayed trained on Pavlovski. "You've been the one who started this entire war. You're the reason for all of this, you fuck." Angelo stated, his temper beginning to make itself apparent with each word that left his mouth. 

"Oh, on the contrary, you fuck." Pavlovski mocked as he walked over to my mother, his gun still aimed at Dante. 

"Your family, your lovely father, was the one who dismantled my life." He seethed, hatred emphasizing every word. With his eyes still trained on Dante, he bent down and roughly grasped my mothers jaw, squeezing so her cheeks pressed against his palm. 

The man beside my mother now had his gun aimed directly at Dante as Pavlovski focused his full attention on the battered woman in front of him. My mother quickly moved her chin down, refusing to meet his glare. 

"Don't fucking touch her." I growled at him as I took a step forward, causing the Russian member standing behind Angelo to grab me by the back of the neck. I heard Dante practically growl from his corner as the man forcefully pulled me back. 

The piercing silence only accentuated the lethal tension in the room. I watched helplessly as my mother slowly opened her eyes while letting a soft whimper escape her lips. 

"Oh, my darling. I'll never forget that day in the diner. I was captivated the second I laid my eyes upon you." Pavlovski said somewhat softly as his thumb stroked my mothers cheek, wiping away a stray tear that escaped. 

"When I saw the way your boss was looking at you... touching you... I couldn't help myself." He said calmly as he squeezed my mothers face between his fingers, making her wince in pain. Pavlovski looked down for a moment as if recalling the events of that day. 

"I took care of you. I taught you everything you know. I even loved you.... you still left me." Pavlovski said before his head quickly shot up. He was now staring at my mother with a cold and deadly expression plastered on his face. He squeezed her jaw even harder, causing the veins in his hand to become more pronounced. 

"Pavlovski, I swear to God if you don't let her go I'll fucking kill you!" I yelled desperately, thrashing against the man who held me back by my neck, but to no avail. 

"Oh, my dear Rebel." Pavlovski sneered coldly. 

"Is that anyway to talk to your father?" He said as he slowly looked over at me.