Chapter 25

Seraphina Amor

I think there's a thin line between dreams and reality.

Dreams, in a sense, are warped versions of your everyday life. They have places you've seen or thought about. People you saw passing the street that day, even if it was only for a split second, and some who you see everyday.

It's hard to sometimes separate dreams from reality, distinguishing what was all in your head and what was truly real. It's a difficult thing to do, and it's something I struggle with myself.

Sometimes, in dreams, you remember things that happened a long time ago, things that were long forgotten but come back when something in current time triggers it. Though, memories-oftentimes the unpleasant ones-are so far repressed that I don't think you will ever get them back; not even in your dreams.

Then, there are the instances where something seems so real, like it really did happen, and your brain can't determine if it was just playing tricks on you or if you said those things, did those things.

Perhaps that's the good thing about dreams, you can have a false sense of reality and you would never know.

The one thing that I was sure of at the moment was I had a massive hangover and I wasn't even sure if I could stand up. My face was muffled into my pillow, blocking out any light that managed to sneak through the curtains of my room.

I hadn't been up for too long, but I already wanted to go back to sleep and never get back up. It was too early, at least in my mind, and there was no motivation for me to leave the comfort of my bed.

I don't even remember a single thing that happened last night. The last thing I can seem to make out in my foggy memories was going up to the roof, but that's all. Everything else was a blur mixed with muffled words and images I can't quite figure out.

However, although there is this haze that sits over last night, there's a feeling in me that something happened and it's been nagging at my brain ever since I've woken up. I can't quite tell if it's a good or bad nagging, but I'm not sure I want to know at this moment just as my brain is starting to finally clear itself.

Letting out a prolonged, muffled groan into the softness of my pillow, I flip my head over to the other side to attempt to read the time displayed on the clock. My vision is blurry, causing the numbers to wash together in one blob of red. The hand that was tucked underneath the cool underside of the pillow is pulled out, raising up towards my eyes to try and rub away the sleep that still lingered in them.

It was certain that last night was probably the longest I've slept in the past two weeks, possibly even the last month. It's been rare and my body appreciated finally resting, even if it was under forced reasons. I wasn't stupid, I know that I probably passed out from the large amounts of alcohol I probably consumed last night.

That or my body finally just gave out, but the first option is more likely based on all the signs I've been experiencing this morning.

Once I've rubbed my eyes hard enough that I'm sure there's no tiredness in them, I refocus my sight back onto the clock, reading over the time a few times to make sure I'm seeing it correctly.

2:35 pm

I blink a few times, shocked that I had managed to sleep this late. The whole day was basically gone at this point and I'm not too sure how I felt about that. It was clear that sleep was needed but there was the side of me that was mentally beating myself up at the fact I had slept in.

A soft sigh crept its way out of my lips as I let my head sink into my pillow again, my entire body relaxing and melting into the sheets. As my eyes begin to droop shut again, vision beginning to blur again, I notice the small glass resting on the bedside counter.