Oikawa & Kageyama - Three's a Crowded Couch

Au: Regular

Au: Regular

Requested

Tags/Warnings: Time Skip spoilers(ish), "established relationship" (never labelled (not like I really ever do), interpret it however you see fit), fluff

Word Count: 1.1k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Come on. You can't leave on your own. He's not even here yet." Huffing, you grabbed the back of the volleyball player's collar, tugging him back to your side as he tried to walk away.

He choked, "I don't want to wait for that selfish bastard!"

"What are you gonna do? Run home? No way. Now, just wait a bit longer. He'll be here any minute."

The black-haired man slumped next to you, bottom lip jutting out as he kicked the smooth floor with the toe of his shoe.

People began pouring through the glass doors, luggage following them. A few fell into the arms of friends and family that waited while others walked by, covering their mouths as they yawned.

Kageyama pulled your sleeve and dragged you to stand in front of him as the crowd became a bit larger. His arms came to fall over your shoulders, tucking you comfortably into a backwards hug.

He yawned.

"Was practice hard today?"

His thumbs brushed your shoulder. "As hard as it normally is," he said softly.

"Hmm, maybe it's just the nerves. Are you excited to see him again?"

"No way!" Strangers turned their heads at his outburst, chuckling at his scrunched nose and downturned lips.

Lifting your hand, you pinched the bridge of his nose, getting the muscles to relax beneath your fingertips. You snorted, "Liar."

Just as you spun your head to look forward and lowered your hands with a brush against Kageyama's shoulder, a loud and proud voice called over the busy chatter of the airport from the glass door exits. "Yahoo! My crowning jewels, royals upon the thrones." Brown hair bouncing happily, the man jogged over. Behind him were two suitcases, behind him until he threw them forward, letting them roll to a stop on either side of you and Kageyama.

"Tooru!"

"Tobio! (Y/N)!" The man cheered, wrapping his arms around both of your forms and tightening his grip as much as possible. Which effectively squeezed out all the air in your lungs as you were sandwiched between two of some of the broadest chests in volleyball.

Hearing your broken wheezes, both men let their arms fall, yawning at the same time in the process. Watching Kageyama bicker with the older man about mimicking him —which only made Oikawa do it purposefully— you smiled and grabbed the pale blue suitcases, letting the two continue to argue playfully as you led them to your car.

"Hey! You don't have to carry those, we can handle it." Oikawa got away from the childish banter, jogging up to your left and taking the suitcase from your hand.

"Give me the other one." Kageyama didn't offer to help, instead, taking hold of your wrist and sliding the plastic handle of the other suitcase out of your grip.

You stomped the tiled floor, watching the two continue to walk ahead of you before running to catch up. "You both are very tired, let me do this."

They both responded negatively, only leaving you to carry Oikawa's carry-on backpack. You wanted to take at least the literal weight off of Oikawa's shoulders if you couldn't drag the rolling ones.

Once at your car, the two placed the suitcases on the back of the trunk. Oikawa paused though, staring at the vehicle before opening the side door. "New car?" Oikawa took the passenger seat, leaving a Kageyama grumpy, mad over behind dethroned from his usual spot.

Kageyama answered as he and you slid into your seats. "Ya, the last one finally broke down last week. But that's a perk of company cars."

While both Kageyama and Oikawa were slotted for the Japan and Argentina national teams, respectively, for the Olympics (only needing to join their teammates every 4 years or so), they usually were with their league teams. Similarly, you worked with the Olympic team during the on-season, but fully —to both Kageyama's and Oikawa's distaste (mostly Tobio's)— spent your time working as, the one and only, Hinata Shoyo's personal trainer in the V League and Olympic setting.

"I got to carry a lot of equipment for Shoyo alone, added to the fact that Tobio can't drive."

Oikawa laughed reaching backwards to ruffle the younger man's straight hair like he was a child. Kageyama nearly bit his hand off, only making the brunette laugh harder.

Oikawa pointed out new buildings and shops as you drove through the city. You smiled at the almost childlike wonder for seeing a city he hasn't set foot in for a couple of months. In the rearview mirror, you could see the small ghost of a smile on Kageyama's lips as he listened and watched Oikawa chatter on.

Once home, Kageyama carried the suitcases away from the main hall. You took the opportunity to turn on the tv as Oikawa fell lax into your lap on the couch, head resting on top of your stomach and hand gently against the fabric over your thigh. He twisted around as Kageyma returned, facing the tv and shifted back on the couch to make room for you to move towards the centre and for Kageyama to sit behind you.

With Kageyama at your back, legs spread out on either side of you, and Oikawa back between your knees, head on your stomach, you switched to the bookmarked channel that played sci-fi, courtesy of Oikawa return home from Argentina (where he would soon return, not that it mattered with the number of trips the three of you managed to plan around busy schedules). Said brunette hummed, nuzzling into your stomach as the opening theme played.

You leaned back against Kageyama, head against his shoulder. His eyes shut as he yawned again, audibly, which made Oikawa follow soon after. You chuckled, nudging your head against the younger man's chin which he responded to by fully resting his cheek on your hairline. Your fingers tangled with Oikawa's hair brushing and knotting the strands all at once.

It didn't take long for you to notice the slow breathing of the two. It was only late evening, but jetlag and exercise can wear people out, even the greatest of athletes. A gentle chuckle escaped you as you departed between carrying, maybe more so dragging, the dead weight of the two to bed, or just enjoying the warmth you had now and falling asleep with them along the length of the couch.

The decision was made for you though, for as you tried to stand, both pairs of hands tightened their holds, followed by a set of gentle rumbling hums as you settled back into place.

"Damn you two," you whispered, unable to stop the grin and warmth that built in your chest. With no complaints, you got comfortable in their holds and dozed off with the whirring sound of spaceships in the background.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Short and Sweet, I'm trying to speedrun writing a bit cause One Piece has taken a hold of me and I can't escape. (Sabo is my favourite, and that's saying something, I never have favourites I love them all)

If you read Behind the Scenes, don't read the last 15 pages, spare yourself - Bacon

So soft ~~~ And yes, about the Behind the Scenes...Bacon told me what happened and you really don't want to know..... Oh...and my exams are slowly coming within the next two weeks, but after that, expect more regular posting - Kiwi

Posted: 11/04/2021