The Pit of Doom

Sokka pulled away with a smile on his face but the same couldn't be said for Kireina

     Sokka pulled away with a smile on his face but the same couldn't be said for Kireina. Her eyes remained closed and a frown weighed heavily on her lips. 

     "Kai, look at me...please." Sokka whispered, his breath fanning her face. Rein could feel the anger building up inside of her. She was still overwhelmingly enraged with Sokka, from their original fight to seeing him with Yue, to now him denying that he ever loved Yue and loved Rein the whole time. Every last bit of the situation was infuriating. 

     Sokka gasped as Rein finally opened her eyes to glare at him. Her once grey eyes were now a dark emerald green, glinting under the light of their dying torch. He could see the emotion swimming around in her irises and he would be lying if he said he was drowning in fear. 

     Rein lifted her leg and stomped her foot hard against the rocky floor, thinking this would send a wave of air towards the boy to separate him from her. Instead the ground beneath them rumbled before a crack began forming between each other, growing larger and larger with every second. The more it opened, the more it revealed the fire that burned forcefully at the bottom. Kireina was engulfed in a chaotic rage, she could feel her blood boiling in her veins.

     "I'm not your typical girl Sokka! I'm not just going to forgive and forget because you kissed me in some romantic tunnel of love! Just because you kissed me doesn't mean that I suddenly love you too! You never even ask how I feel! You're always focused on your own fantasies, did you ever stop and think about my feelings? You know deep down that the only reason you chase me is because someone else has my heart! It's always a game with you boys, a competition to see who can get the girl and I'm over it!" Kireina screamed across the abyss at the Tribesman. "You told Zuko I'm not an object yet I can't help but feel that that's how you view me. I am no trophy! I don't belong to anyone!" 

     "Kai just relax and stop this! You'll kill us both!" Sokka hollered fearfully. He backed himself up along the opposite cave wall, hyperventilating as the pit continued expanding. The flames grew higher and hotter, causing an intense sweat to coat his skin. 

     "I am not Kai! I am not Reina! I am Rein! I am the Ekkona! I was brought back from the brink of death for a reason and I know it wasn't to entertain you while my brother saves the world!" Her now emerald eyes glowed so bright in the dark that Sokka could see them loud and clear across the expanse. "I thought you were different, Sokka. I looked at you like you were my safe haven, someone I could count on no matter what-"

     "You can count on me! I'm sorry, Rein. But please stop this madness! I know deep down you love me so I keep pushing and pushing-"

     Rein's power faltered, the fire weakening slightly. "I do love you Sok, just not like that..."

     Sokka noticed he hit a nerve which caused her anger to lessen. He felt horrible for taking advantage of her, everything she said was true and he hated himself for it. "I can't believe I let myself get blinded by my emotions. I had no right to push myself on you like that without your permission and I'm so incredibly sorry."