𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

∗

This author has often thought the heart a most curious of instruments, heeding neither reason nor rank.

For what possible explanation might Miss Bridgerton have for entertaining the suit of a mere baron when she seems to have secured a duke?

Let it be known, dear reader, that if this bizarre behavior portends yet another scandal, then be sure that I shall uncover it, for there is nothing
like an excursion into nature to lift the spirits and loosen the tongue.

"Mama, might I go play with Eloise and Elaine?" Penelope asked.

"A lady does not play, Penelope." Her mother scolded.

"Forgive me, Mama. Might I go promenade for suitors with Eloise and Elaine?" Penelope asked again.

"Very well, then."

"What have you learned from your maid, the one who is in the family way?" Eloise asked.

"What happened? How did it happen?" Elaine sakes Penelope while interlocking her arms in her friends arms.

"She said it was love." Penelope answered.

"Love? That doesn't stand to reason." Eloise scoffed, while Elaine aged. "No, it certainly does not."

"Look at my mama. Three children." Penelope stated. "Would anyone presume that had anything to do with love?"

"Well, what else did she say? Was she not frightened?" Elaine asked again.

"More sad than frightened." Penelope sighed.

"But there may be a chance for her to have a happy ending yet, I suppose." Eloise stated.

"She wants to escape to the country, where she and her love will marry." Penelope continued.

"Then she has even greater reason to be frightened.Once she is married, her life is over.
Scarcely an escape, Penelope." Elaine commented.

"Oh, that poor maid!"

Walking down the path that would lead a person to the picnic area, was Aelianna. Slowly waking towards the picnic tent of the Bridgerton's.

"Good morning, Lady Bridgerton." Elia bowed a smile not leaving her lips and a sliver plate full of biscuits on her hands. "I brought some biscuits."