Ch 258: Gift From God

Lin Ye gazed at the dust falling from the ceiling and mentally slapped himself, kicking himself for using "Tea ceremony" as an excuse. How did someone as dumb as him become a floor manager at Rhodes Island?

C'mon Lin Ye, come up with another excuse...

Pramanix grew increasingly more concerned as the ceiling deteriorated and the shockwaves became ever so louder.

She couldn't take it any longer when a large piece of wood fell on her head. "Ow! That's it! Lin Ye tell me what's happening! Right now! I know God isn't performing a tea ceremony!" she grits her teeth in pain and glares at Lin Ye.

Lin Ye took an educated guess and concluded that repeating the "God is performing a tea ceremony" lie would spell disaster. The evil look on Pramanix's face and the way she gripped the handle of the holy bell, did not invite much comfort.

What can he say to avoid a pummeling? He has to stop Pramanix from investigating.

But what options does he have? He must choose between enraging the Saintess and enraging God. For him, it's a lose-lose situation.

"Heh uh... maybe God is exercising now that the ceremony is over.." Lin Ye patted himself on the back for making such a great save.

"Exercise?! Why does God need to exercise?!" Pramanix slammed her hands on the table, her eyes bulging red. "How can exercise cause such a commotion!" she exclaimed.

"Whoa hey, even God needs to exercise too y'know? You never know, maybe she's like, tired of being stuck at the temple all the time or something..."

His voice fell silent as a massive chunk of debris squashed their table.

Lin Ye and Pramanix stare at the rubble in silence.

"I think we should leave"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Lappland supports herself by stabbing both of her swords into the wooden floor. She's panting profusely. Sweat is forming on her brow.

Messiah, on the other hand, is standing less than five metres away from her, her expression unchanged, and she didn't appear to be sweating. Her posture is uncaring and relaxed.

She threw everything she had at Messiah but the God didn't seem to be harmed at all.

She did not, however, give up or become discouraged. She was filled with excitement.

It's not as if she's never faced a foe as formidable as Messiah. In Siracusa, there were monsters that came close to ripping her head off. She did, however, survive to this day.

She recognised Messiah's power and realised that she is, in fact, a god. At the very least, mortals do not have the ability to control time to that extent. If Messiah had used that ability to fight her, she would have been defeated long ago. Messiah, on the other hand, never used it again. There is still a chance that she will defeat God.

As a result, Lappland decided to go all out. Enough with the fooling around. She grips the handle of her swords tightly in her hand, pouring all of her strength into the blade. The blades combusted into swirling white flames.

"Hoh?" Messiah looks at Lappland with some degree of surprise, "Do you still have something under your sleeve?"

"Don't you dare underestimate me! You might die because of that!"

Messiah smiles and shakes her head: "I didn't underestimate you. After all, I can feel a very powerful force in your body."

"Are you scared?"