𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

childe is only sick here.

It was supposed to be a normal walk around Liyue. He only had just finished the most recent debt collection that was needed for the day. A sudden fuzziness interrupted his pleasant walk. His body getting more warmer than usual, face flushed a bit more red, and his body feels weaker. Unsafe. As if something broke his guard, but he knows it's just a fever. Childe started thinking if it was someone who gave him this sickness; not believing himself even if he had a mere thought that the cause may have just been from overworking.

Aether caught a sight of him walking and the blonde could only elicit a small gasp and a worried look as he approached the not-so-well Harbinger.

"Oh, Childe, are you alright? You don't look so good, did you catch a fever by chance?"

First thing he noticed is that Paimon wasn't with Aether, maybe she was off with Xiangling to try out food. Another thing he noticed was Aether being worried for him in general. Usually he'd just help and leave.

"Aether.. Ah, I'm.. I'm alright, it's nothing serious I promise—"

The shorter one wasn't having it.

"Childe, you're supposed to be more knowledgeable when it comes to taking care of yourself."

"Yes Aether, I know my own limits comrade but right now I promise you I'm okay!—"

"Childe."

Whipping his head back, he recognized that familiar, deep, alluring voice. The blonde looked forward, a sigh exiting his mouth as he waved to the approaching one.

"Zhongli, so glad you came, Childe's being oh-so-very stubborn.."

Oh, what can he do now? Hiding the fact that he's not in perfect shape to Zhongli is only going to make the consultant even more curious as to what's going on. Should he just bolt out of there? No, that's really unreasonable. Just face the truth.

"Is there something wrong with him?"

Aether walking up to Zhongli and pointing at the Harbinger;
"He's got a fever and he won't admit to it."

Not making eye contact with the ex-archon just yet, Childe averted his gaze towards the floor in shame. He can't believe he's getting Zhongli worried about him, the god of the city he almost destroyed. He wonders if the older has forgiven him, which in that case he most likely hasn't.

Upon hearing approaching footsteps, the Harbinger finally looked up to see what the other man was doing. Childe suddenly became even more red as Zhongli placed the back of his palm on the younger's neck.

"Sensei,"

"..Traveler is right. You have an increasing fever and it's not getting anywhere."

The hand was removed as Childe let out a sigh, following what seemed to be both a laugh and a cough.

"Gha— So, now what? You're just going to bring me to some doctor? Dr. Baizhu of the Bubu Pharmacy? Or better yet leave me be, it's not like we consider each other close anymore—"

Aether just sighed, watching Childe trying to find a way to get out of the situation. He knew the Harbinger had a small crush on the ex-archon. Or well, that's what Childe thinks. In Aether's opinion, he thinks the ginger is basically in love, and that it'd be embarrassing if Zhongli saw him in this state. In most cases, the blonde would know if someone liked the other back due to experience from traveling world to world and seeing how love works; but he just couldn't find out Zhongli.

The mysterious consultant had always remained mysterious from a first sight glance, and it's always stirring up the blonde's thoughts as to what the older was thinking about. He's aware of the many thoughts Zhongli could possibly have; considering he's been alive for at least 6000 years. But his face remains unchanged unless it's about specific topics. Calm, collected, unfazed. A god's stare if he's ever serious.

Back to the matter at hand, Zhongli himself still kept a neutral expression as he said the words;

"I shall take care of you personally. There is no need for other treatment, and I believe I have some medication for you to take."

Medications sound really nice right now, they would help with the fever but.. Should he? Zhongli probably considers him as an enemy now, and this was a good time to perhaps poison the Harbinger and take down one of the strongest—

*snap*

"Hey, Childe, helllooooo? Back to reality! Zhongli's offering you free treatment."

Childe laughs.

"Ahaha, I'm even surprised it's free, considering the Mora Xiansheng usually carries around—"

A death grip to his clothes.

"To my apartment we shall head then."

______________________________________
go wild, this is an unfinished chapter/scenario I thought of, ignore mistakes or something I don't know