104

"...." Angelina was stunned. This must be the reason for the duchess's absence during the ball...

She knew the duke was not a good man, but she never expected him to be so cold hearted towards his own wife!

The duchess was a kind and fragile woman, she would definetly be unable to fight back against a man like the duke. She was never a brave women. The duchess, without the feeling of being supported, would feel alone and scared.

'Don't worry mother. Once I get stronger, I'll take you away from this shameless family!' As she saw a few servants walking this way, Angelina decided to return.

Fortunately she took on the appearence of the head maid, if she were to hang around there with the appearence of Angelina, they would definetly be alarmed. These servants are the head maid's people, not her's.

*****************

"Thank you for having me here lady Angelina" Harper curtsied in a shy and meek manner. As she stared at the mansion's architecture, her eyes shined brightly with admiration.

Angelina's eyes narrowed as she thought silently. She invited Harper here to get to know her character even more. She needed to confirm if she was an ally or an enemy.

"It's my pleasure to have you here." Angelina flashed her a polite smile and curtsied as well.

Marie led the two to the 2nd floor drawing room. Then stood at the side, waiting for an order. The two ladies had a peaceful conversation. Until...

"Hm...? Am I intruding...?"Evelina poked her head through the crack of the door and asked innocently.

"Oh sister..." Angelina continued to smile but her brows furrowed slightly.

"Lady Evelina!" Harper cheerfully greeted her. She walked over to Evelina and gave her an intimate hug.

Angelina immediately frowned.

"Did I bother you two? I'm sorry if I did..." Evelina stared at Harper pleadingly with teary eyes that could make any heart melt. As expected, Harper was moved just by her beauty and invited Evelina to join them without hesitation.

"....." Angelina forced herself to smile the moment they turned to look at her.

They chatted happily once again. This time Angelina was left out. She found their complements extremely sickening and boring. They were just exchanging praises. But then something caught Angelina's attention.

"Did you hear the news from the Illiya family? It just came out today! It's terrible! The Illiya family's youngest child, Oscar has gone missing! It's been a day already since he was last seen.. No one has found him..." Evelina said with horror written on her face.

"That's horrible...!" Harper too seemed frightened.

Oscar Illiya? He was Alice's little brother... She once had met him too.

"......" Angelina's gaze turned to Evelina. Did she do it?

Angelina wouldn't be too shocked if Evelina really did cause a little boy's disappearance.

Alice must be so worried...

***************
The boutique was doing extremely well. Arianna's reputation, which was already very admirable, grew even more.

But due to the boutique's popularity, more people wondered who the owner 'Angel' was. Some suspected Arianna, but Arianna denied and told them she was merely working for her.

However, though things were going well for Angelina and Arianna, things were not going too well for the Illiya and the royal family.

Unfortunately, due to their limited power, the Illiya family is unable to find Oscar. They searched and tried their best, but there was only so much they could do.