4 - A Choice

"500 years ago… say, does the incident from yesterday have any connection to the tragedy you speak of?" Chen gaze sharpened like a blade. Her 'Inspector's instinct' kicks in, a deduction out of the blue but from a keen mind. In other words, Chen only takes the most possible answers.

Blue turns away from the eye contact. Multiple vague faces popped in his mind as his eyes softly narrow with a weak smile, "That's the worst-case scenario— It would be better if it wasn't, or else. "

He grips onto his blanket tightly. A drop of sweat could be seen rolling down from his forehead down to his chin. Even though the room has an air conditioner,  his grim thoughts were enough to stretch his fear.

A slight chill ran up Chen's spine. The sight of seeing someone fearless to shudder at mere thoughts of a deduction is scarily noteworthy. In other words, the enemies would likely have strength beyond her imagination. Similar to a quote, 'If light grows brighter, the shadow shades darker'.

"We have to consider that possibility, or not, we'll pay the price for being ignorant. "

"I know, and it took all of us Sentinels to take them on one by one. But, the problem is, I've already burned all bodies of the Sin's member into ashes, so they can't come back alive… Unless—, " The tightening on the blanket could be heard as Blue huffs slowly.

"Unless they're new Sins… is that what you're implying?" Chen questions with a slight frown.

"Maybe. Regardless of new or old, bearing the title Sin means to hold great power in exchange for bringing destruction to the world from the surface down to the core. Two of them is already enough to wipe out an entire city, and only they're capable of producing such drugs. "

Chen was taken back mentally, his interpretation of the Sins may sound exaggerated to others. But, the concealed fear under his smile says otherwise, "Before we continue any further, I want to ask a different question… if you were given freedom in exchange for a price, will you take it?"

Blue's mouth agape, because it's been a long time since he heard the word 'freedom'. It took him a few moments to remember the meaning of it, "If it truly exists, I'll take it. But the price… it depends. "

Hoshiguma enters the room with a pair of canned drinks, one is coffee, the other is grape juice. A large smile crosses her face after closing the door with the back of her foot, "What did I miss?"

"I'm giving him a choice, Hoshiguma. He can choose to not go to jail in exchange for working for us, " Chen took a canned coffee from her partner before muttering 'thanks'.

Blue turns around and sees her orbs, as Chen body arcs forward with both of her elbows on each knee. Her blood-red eyes closing the distance between their gazes.

"Your answer, Blue Sullivan. Choose carefully, " She popped the can open before taking a satisfying sip, wiping off the bits of spillage from her lips.

From the edges of Blue's eyes, a glimpse of a shadow at the window caught his attention. He swallowed his answer with a collective gaze. A familiar presence which he could not remember.

Blue gazes back at Chen with eyes subtle of trouble. Giving her a hint of the current situation with the change of his expression, "Let's continue this somewhere else. It feels too cramped in here. "

"I see, a quiet place should be more than enough, the HQ. " Chen stood up taking a big chug of the canned coffee in her hand. Flattened it in between her palms before throwing it into a rubbish bin within one motion.

The intentions behind both of their gazes were hidden, but Hoshiguma could feel the sudden tension in the air. Her golden eyes narrow at the surrounding, "Right, I should get the others ready for a move-out. Chen, the reports about Blue is at the staff office, get them before anything else happens. "