73

WOUNDED

_____________

After leaving a quick kiss on my cheek, Fred stood up from bed and started rambling, with only his boxers hanging carelessly from his hips, all over my room. He put on one of the vinyl records and started looking through my notebooks.

"Didn't know you could draw," he smiled, showing me one of the many portraits of Liv I had in my notebook, next to a pretty realistic one of Remus.

"There are many things you don't know about me," I tried to sound mysterious. "I don't draw as often as I used to do it before, though."

"Why not?"

"Don't have time."

He tightened his lips and continued glancing over the paper until he found something that made him smile widely.

"What is this?"

"What?"

"Is this me, Lilith?" he scoffed, showing me the portrait of him I did more than a year ago when he still had his long hair and that baby face. I felt a huge burst of flush all over my body. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"It's not, put that back on its place," I said too quickly to be taken seriously. Fred giggled and continued admiring his portrait. "Fred!"

"Make me," he teased me. I attempted to put my feet on the floor and stand up but my legs failed me making me fall on the bed again. I spluttered hearing the ginger's amused laugh and tried to look as threatening as possible.

"Fred...don't fucking get on my nerves."

"Don't get mad, darling! I think it's really beautiful-" he smiled in an innocent tone, going back to lay by my side. I tried to take the notebook off his hands but he tutted, moving it from my reach. "No, Lilith. I want to keep looking at it, I feel so flattered! It looks so real it could be a picture, who taught you to draw like this?"

"I learnt by myself. There aren't many things to do during summer at the Arambella House," I replied without thinking. Fuck, I'm talking too much.

"It's really cool," Fred whispered, changing the topic, noticing the Arambella House wasn't a nice point for me.

"You can keep it if you want to," I have like five other drawings of you really well saved under my bed.

His eyes opened with excitement and joy, "Really?"

"Yes!"

He instantly wrapped his arms around me, filling my cheeks and my neck with quick, warm and soft kisses, having me laughing under him.

"You two better be dressed! We're already home!" Liv's voice sounded behind the door after knocking, accompanied by both Lin and George's chuckles.

I looked at Fred, trying uselessly to hold back my smile;

"Why do we always get caught?"

✵ ✵ ✵

"Lilith," Khaleelah called me and I turned around to find her with her broom. "after the match, we'll be going out for some drinks - no alcohol for me, obvs - if we don't end up too wounded, would you like to come?"

I smiled at her, feeling so happy to be included in the friend group the entire team had formed.

"Sure!"

"Great, we have a little break before we start. See you in the changing room."

I nodded and kept stretching while sitting on the grass to make sure I didn't get any muscle cramps. In the distance, I saw Fred sitting next to George, Liv and Pauline. Tonks told me Remus couldn't come because of how hard the full moon hit him this last month so I had already planned to visit him during the night to make sure he was okay. The ginger's eyes met mine for a brief moment and he winked at me giving me a proud gaze.