27

The bus ride was going well. We were sitting more towards the back eating fruits and sharing my headphones to watch anime.

"I'm so confused" She stared wide eyed at the screen.

"What don't you understand?"

"Why he's killing people"

I flicked her forehead softly and she playfully hissed at me.

"He wants to rule over a world where there's no evil, honestly it's like you weren't even watching this whole time"

"That's because I wasn't" She said sheepishly.

"Charlie Gray what have you been doing?" I tried to sound stern.

"Trying my very best not to stare at your cleavage" Her eyes glanced down quickly before snapping back up to mine with a barely concealed grin.

A few heads turned around and I made a conscious effort to sink lower into my seat.

"Charlie" I whined.

"I can't help myself, my girlfriend is so hot" She spoke at a normal volume but the bus was fairly quiet aside from the rumbling of the engine and a few other students chatting.

The v neck shirt I was wearing did show off am ample amount of cleavage and this was Charlie we were talking about so I wasn't too surprised.

"You can look just don't tell anyone else about it" I grabbed her arm so she was slouching right along side me until everyone's attention was diverted again before we continued the show.

"Really?" She sat up slightly in excitement.

"Mhm"

She laid her head on my shoulder  softly, head angled towards me and snaked her arms around my torso to pull me closer to her even though there was barely any space to begin with.

Charlie let out a content sigh and I rolled my eyes at her before treading my fingers through her hair to massage her scalp gently.

After some time she rose to kiss me slowly before laying down again and falling asleep.

We stayed like that for a while, Charlie sleeping on my chest while I ran my hand soothingly down her hair. I ditched the show in favor of looking at the view outside the window until she woke up.

When she came to again, she exhaled deeply, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck before sitting up to stretch.

"How long was I asleep? "

"About an hour and a half"

I popped the lid off the sandwiches, silently offering some to her and Charlie smiled at me in thanks.

She threw her arm around me, pulling me closer to her and this time actually watched the show with a content smile on her lips as we ate our sandwiches.

She's so easy to please.