Chapter 55 - Blessed was the Toffee

_____________________________________________________________________________

"So will you please say hello

To the folks that I knowTell them I won't be long."

- Vera Lynn

_____________________________________________________________________________

The three best friends climbed the stairs and entered the twins' bedroom. Betelgeuse looked around the small room. "That blackened masterpiece was not there last year," she stated, pointing at what looked like the remnant of an explosion on the wall.

"Hilarious, Bel," George replied as he closed the door behind him.

She smiled, sitting on the orange duvet on the nearest bed, "Tell me, my russet warlocks, what is all this mystery about?"

Fred and George exchanged an excited glance before simultaneously speaking, "Oh, our Lady Black, we missed your bizarre way of speaking."

Even though Betelgeuse has known the twins for years, their ability to talk at the same time baffled her still. "I do not speak bizarrely."

"Whatever," Fred interrupted, "Georgie, show our Lady our latest invention."

George nodded vigorously and grabbed a shoebox under his bed. He lifted the lid and took out a bellied ampoule, "Here."

"We call it the 'Weather in a Bottle'," Fred proudly announced as Betelgeuse inspected the dynamic twirls inside the small bottle. "This one holds a thunderstorm with lightning and thunder. I would suggest not to open it. We tried, and that's the reason for the blasted wall."

"Did you create this with the aim of creating a diversion or havoc?" Betelgeuse asked, fascinated. "Brilliant." She did not see the smile the twins shared. It was the first time that summer that someone had complimented them for their ideas.

"That's correct, Bel!" Fred hollered, grinning broadly, "You truly are one of us, The Bombastic Threesome!" He finished, leaning over to give a sweet kiss on her cheek.

Before George or Betelgeuse could finally explain how inappropriate that name was, the door cracked open, revealing a displeased Sirius. The older man raised a brow at Fred, who still had his lips on his niece's cheek.

Sirius put his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

Fred scrambled backwards, falling on George, who had his wand in his hand. It let out a bright sparkle because of the unexpected fright of his owner. Betelgeuse crossed her arms, rolling her eyes at the dramatics of her uncle and at the mayhem the twins had caused.

"Well, people have always told me I possess a unique way of lighting up a room," Sirius stated aloofly.

"That, uncle," Betelgeuse replied, getting to her feet, "is called arson, and those people were witnesses." An arrogant smirk blossomed on her fair visage.

Sirius throw his head back and let out a boisterous barking laugh. "You are too cheeky, dear," he said, embracing the girl.

While hugging him, Betelgeuse whispered in his ear, "Do not aggravate him, uncle. At least, not too much."