Chapter 8

Michael's POV
I knew it was going to be a rough night for Lynn, the expression on her face when Anthony grabbed her out of my arms I was ready to yell and cuss him out for taking her out of my grasp, but the look she had was one of pure fear, it's like I could almost see the memories playing in her eyes. Once I heard her small cries that I have grown use to hearing I quickly ran to her room, what I saw completely broke my heart she was hunched over with her shoulders shaking. I walked up to her bed and sat behind her, I knew what she needed and how to calm her. As I hummed to her and rocked her back and forth I could feel her begin to lean on me and put her head on my shoulder, her breathing evened out and her eyes closed. I rested my chin on top of her head and waited.
The next morning I knew she would take her time getting out of bed and getting ready and I wanted her to have a better morning than night so I started to whip up some pancakes, eggs and sausage. But in the middle of preparing it Anthony came in and tackled me to the floor, we wrestled and tried to pin the other to the ground. I was about to win against him when we both smelled something burning, we got off the floor to see the eggs were charcoaled black, the pancakes were hard black circles and the sausage grease leaked over the sighed of the skillet. Anthony and I looked at each other with sheepish expressions. That's when we heard the shower water turn off, Lynn would be out any minute and see the mess, I was in a panic I didn't know what to do. I heard a bowl thump on the table and turned to see Anthony pouring some cereal, I just shrugged and got me a bowl too. As Lynn walked in I tried to distract her from the mess on the counter but it obviously didn't work.
"What did you do?" She sounded very annoyed and went and began to clean up the mess, Anthony and I just looked at each other.
"Well we wanted to surprise you with a nice morning breakfast but we obviously don't know how to cook." Anthony said, I gave him a dirty look, how dare he try to steal my idea, and I can cook but if he didn't distract me she would have had a nice meal. She looked back at us with a look at that could kill.
"You both will clean this up. I have to go to the shop today and sign a few things." I felt disappointed, I wanted to go with her make it a brother sister thing.
"Aw but Lynn, I wanted to go with you." I whined to her.
"Well you should have thought about that before you burnt breakfast." With her hand on her hip she grabbed her purse and went to her car.
"She told you." Anthony smirked, I glared at him.
"I can't believe you tired to get in on my good deed I was doing." I probably sounded like a two year old but I didn't care.
"Sorry." He said taking a big spoonful of Cheerios. I finished mine and went to go clean up the breakfast mess, Anthony soon joined we worked hard to get the burnt on food scrubbed off. It took awhile but we were able too. We then got dressed and started to walk to Lynn's shop. We came in and I saw her playing with her new shipment of guinea pigs, I smiled she always did have a soft spot for animals.
"Wow Lynn, this place looks great! It's so much bigger!" I gushed to her, it really did when I first saw it all it had were some toys and collars but now it had actual animals with treats, foods cages all kind of stuff!
"Thank you, now come over here and look at the guinea pigs!" I quickly ran over ready to see the cute things, I wasn't paying much attention to Anthony right now. I kept cooing at them and the noises they made they are so cute, I was about to pick one up when there was a loud thudding noise my head snapped up to see a beautiful red head girl looking adorably shocked. She openly starred at Anthony and I but mainly me.
"Oh, hello McKenna, this is my brother Michael and his friend Anthony." Anthony and I politely waved at her and all she could do was a timid small one.