o10. 𝘖𝘔𝘌𝘕𝘚 𝘖𝘍 𝘋𝘌𝘈𝘛𝘏

COVINGTON, OHIO

COVINGTON, OHIO.
2018

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A ROLLER RINK WAS THE LAST thing Estela expected as the small building came to view.

Her brows furrowed in confusion, eyes darting between the building and the red pin on her phone's GPS as she steered the car inside the open parking lot.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Estela asked Dick skeptically.

Scooter's Roller Palace was unusually packed for a weekday. Families and teenagers loitered the entrance, some of the latter wearing roller skates as they chatted with their friends. The parking lot was filled with cars too, but it was easy for Estela to find an empty spot just two rows away from the main entrance.

Dick snorted. "You're not gonna trust a million dollar satellite that spat out these coordinates?"

Estela rolled her eyes and glanced at the building again with pursed lips. "Well, when you put it that way. . ."

They got out of the car in unison. Estela released a relieved groan, stretched her legs and arms before jogging after Dick, who was already striding towards the entrance without her.

"Dick," she muttered under her breath once her legs finally caught up to him.

"I heard that."

"Good," Estela simply said. "You didn't wait for me." 

He let out a bemused scoff and held the door open for her. "I'm so very sorry, Your Majesty."

"You're never going to let that go, are you?" she questioned with a sigh but nonetheless went inside.

The first thing Estela registered was the music that seemed to be playing from all around them. Her steps slowed a little, taking in the massive size of the of the room she had just walked into. There was a spacious, oval-shaped roller rink on one side, packed with smiling kids. Deeper in, Estela saw tables and booths arranged just in front of a burger shack, the smell of fries wafting through the air. In the remaining spaces of the area, there were multiple arcade games and booths flashing with neon colors of every kind.

"Wow," she said. "Can we stay here for a while?"

"We have to find Rachel, remember?" Dick told her a bit distractedly, brown eyes scanning every direction.