1│BROTHERS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀs ꒱

❝ THERE IS NO OTHER SIDE 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

On the first day of school of their Senior year, Juliet and Cory entered the familiar setting together. They parted soon after as the curly-haired boy went to find Shawn while the redhead left to look for Topanga. 

Juliet had been living with the Matthews for only a few days; she was staying with Morgan in her room and everything had been going smoothly so far. It was strange seeing Cory so much after not nearly spending as much time with him as she did with Shawn, but it was a good change. 

Before she'd moved in, she'd spent her entire summer in upstate New York and had hardly seen her other best friends so she was particularly looking forward to seeing Topanga again. She found the blonde in the hallway with a book in hand as she stood off to the side. Smiling happily, the redhead approached her. "Studying already, Panga?"

The other girl closed her book with a snap! and looked up. Her expression brightened at the sight of her best friend. She held out her arms. "Peaches!"

Juliet enthusiastically returned the hug and pulled away a moment later. "I missed you."

"Aw," the blonde said. "I missed you too." Her expression turned mischievous. "We have so much to catch up on! What's up with you and Shawn these days?"

She felt her face immediately warm at the question and she ducked her head as she became embarrassed. "Hello to you too, Topanga."

Topanga rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes, hello to you too. Now spill."

"Oh— well— I did kiss him," Juliet admitted sheepishly. Her friend's face broke into an expression of amazement.

"Good for you!" she cheered. "And?"

"And well, I don't think we're just friends anymore but I we haven't really talked since then. We're still not actually dating though."

The blonde patted her on the arm. "That's alright. Baby steps, baby steps."

"And how are you and Cory?" the redhead asked in return.

She shrugged. "We've been the same since kindergarten, Peaches. You and Shawn are what's interesting."

Juliet gave her a look of disbelief before she shook her head. "Anyway, you wanna walk to the senior hall together?"

"You do know it's going to just be like this part of school, right?"

"Well, yeah, but isn't there some sort of myth that the person you walk into the hall with will be your best friend forever?"

There was no such saying but Topanga accepted her reasoning without further argument. Instead, she offered her arm so Juliet could loop hers through it. Together, they made their way to the double doors that separated the Seniors from the rest of the school.

"Wait, wait, wait," the redhead started as soon as Topanga reached for the handles, "it should still be a momentous occasion even if there's nothing special on the other side. I mean, c'mon, Panga. We're Seniors! Anything can happen this year!"

The blonde gave her a fond look. "Alright, Peaches. What should we do?"

They glanced at each other and Juliet shrugged. "I dunno. What d'you wanna do?"