4│NO GUTS, NO CORY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɴᴏ ɢᴜᴛs, ɴᴏ ᴄᴏʀʏ ꒱

❝ SHUT UP & KISS ME,
YOU MEATHEAD 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"And so the United States entered World War Two on December 7th, 1941. As FDR said, 'a day that will live in infamy,'" Mr. Feeny finished teaching the class as the bell rang. "I want to thank those of you who brought in some of your family mementos. It helped to show that this war was not just a point in history but an even that touched all our lives. Thank you."

Juliet filed out of the class after everyone else and caught up with her friends in the hallway as Topanga said, "you know, he asked her to marry him on December 7th, 1941."

"Wait, I know that date," Cory realized. "Help me out here."

"Pearl Harbor," Shawn replied. "The day that will live in infamy. Feeny was just talking about it."

The redhead gave him an awed look. "You listened to Mr. Feeny!"

He stared at her in surprise. "Oh my god I listened to Feeny!"

She huffed in amusement as they left Cory and Topanga. "It's not so bad, you know."

"No, it's bad," he disagreed. "Anyway, your grandparents really immigrated to the U.S. during the war?"

"After the war," Juliet corrected him. "Ireland was technically neutral during World War Two but after Pearl harbor they became more active in their contributions. My grandad volunteered to fight since since that's what most of the men during the day did. His name was Oscar Byrne."

"Can I see that compass again?"

"Oh, sure," she said, and pulled out the navigation device to hand it to him. The small object was surprisingly heavy in his hand as he tilted it from side to side to watch the needle swing back and forth. "There's an engraving on the back," the redhead told him, prompting the boy to flip it over.

"'Always and in all ways,'" Shawn read aloud. "Your dad's side isn't the only one who enjoys puns."

"It was a saying between him and my grandma. With how unknown everything was back then, she wanted him to know that she'd always love him no matter what direction the war took him. He told her the compass would help him find his way back to her."

"That's incredibly sappy," the dark-haired boy remarked.

"It's not like you're any better," the girl countered. "I think it's sweet."

"Well they are your grandparents," he allowed. "I wonder what it was like during World War Two."

🌎🌎🌎
[1941]

Juliet and Shawn walked down the school hallway dressed in era-suitable clothing. The dark-haired boy swung his books by a strap as the pair stopped to study the 'I want you' poster hung up on the wall. "I don't know why they chose such an old man to represent the U.S.," the redhead complained. "It makes us look elderly."

"His age doesn't matter, doll," Shawn replied. "It's the message. He's pointing right at me."

"I thought I told you not to call me that," she grumbled. "We aren't a couple."

"Well with all this uncertainty I wasn't gonna take my chances," he said as he looped an arm around the girl's shoulders. "What would you think if I enlisted, doll?"