11│A VERY CAPELWOOD CHRISTMAS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴀ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴄᴀᴘᴇʟᴡᴏᴏᴅ
ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs ꒱

❝ I'M THE SMART ONE ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Now you will be on your best behavior," Barron told his younger brother in an uncharacteristically stern voice. "This is Daly's and Juliet's first Christmas with us and we don't need them upset because you decided to be an asshole."

Greg gave him an affronted look. "It's not my fault people can't take the truth. I'm always on my best behavior."

"Like how you insulted our niece's best friend?" Sam piped up from where he sat with Taylor on the couch.

"He could have been up to something!"

"You certainly didn't need to say it to his face," the eldest Capelwood admonished him, "or hers for that matter. This Christmas is going to go perfectly."

"Of course it will," the lighter-haired man called over. "That's why Taylor and I are here to run damage control."

"I didn't have to be here, you know," Greg retorted. "I could have been in Russia on a business trip but you were the one who insisted I join you. If anything, whatever happens is your fault."

"And you wonder why you're alone on Christmas Eve," Barron shot back.

"I don't, actually."

Before he could respond, the intercom on the wall buzzed to alert them of their visitors. Sam stood and offered a hand to his boyfriend. "Smiles, everyone. This is supposed to be a happy occasion."

Taylor gave him a fond look. "I'm not sure if now is the best time to quote Monty Python, love."

Sam stuck his tongue out childishly at him as the quartet went to the door which opened to reveal the family's two redheads. "Merry Christmases" were exchanged all around as they greeted each other before the group migrated back to the sitting room.

"So what's the plan for today, dad?" Juliet asked as she looked around the room at the assorted Capelwoods and Kelly.

"Well, I was thinking we could introduce you to some Capelwood Christmas traditions. Our father used to throw this huge Christmas blowout but we've done away with that since we always hated it as kids. It was our mom who had most of the traditions with cutting a fresh tree, sledding down the hill and ice skating on the lake. It's so cold up here that it freezes straight to the bottom so it's perfectly safe," he answered brightly.

"What about our traditions?" Daly wondered. "We didn't go seventeen years without making our own."

"Alright," Sam said agreeably. "What are some of yours?"

"We usually spend the day watching home movies," Juliet replied, "and we make hot cocoa—"

"Hot chocolate?" Greg demanded. "That's not a Christmas drink! Everyone knows eggnog is the way to go. Spiked, preferably."

"Greg," Barron's voice held a warning tone, "there's no reason why we can't have both drinks. How would chocolate eggnog would be?"

His brother muttered something that sounded suspiciously like disgusting but he was ignored. Sam smiled encouragingly at his niece. "Anything else?"

"We usually make a Christmas ornament each year and then spend the evening at the Matthews listening to Mr. Feeny read A Christmas Carol. I also have traditional presents but they've already been taken care of."