20│PROM-ISES, PROM-ISES

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴘʀᴏᴍ-ɪsᴇs, ᴘʀᴏᴍ-ɪsᴇs ꒱

❝ WILL YOU FORGIVE
ME IF I BRIBE YOU? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Juliet had never given much thought to school dances. While she did enjoy them, it was really just another excuse for her and her friends to hang out. Prom, however, was an entirely different story and it would be the first dance she and Shawn would be attending as a couple.

She and Angela had gone over to Topanga's aunt's house early to get ready together and the three girls were talking excitedly about the night ahead. They all wore rich jewel tones as their dress colors with Topanga wearing red, Angela in deep purple and Juliet in emerald green. The boys would be picking them up soon to take them to the dance.

Topanga turned away from the mirror to look at the redhead. "So, have you and Shawn talked about. . . you know. . . you two? After the prom, the big night?"

Immediately, the other girl's face turned almost as red as her friend's dress and she avoided the blonde's eyes. While she wouldn't deny that she had thought about what the night might hold, Juliet didn't know if they were ready for that. "Well," she started awkwardly, "we haven't really talked about it. I mean, we only started dating at the beginning of the school year which isn't a lot of time—"

"But you have known each other for years," Angela pointed out. "It's not like you just met in September."

"I know," she agreed. "It's just that, well, it's kind of funny. You'd think Shawn would be really cool about it especially with all the kissing we do, but he is so shy. If I even get near the subject he starts giggling like a lunatic so I've decided that we're not ready until he's at least able to talk about it."

"Topanga?" Angela prompted.

"I've been thinking about it too. Cory and I have been through so much so we've decided that when the time is exactly, perfectly right—"

"So in other words, when you say so," the brunette finished.

"Yeah," the blonde said quickly.

The bell rang, so the girls made their way to the door and Angela opened it. Shawn froze on the threshold and stared at his girlfriend with wide eyes. "Wow! You look. . . you-you look. . . wow!"

Juliet giggled slightly at his reaction and felt her heart speed up at the sight of her boyfriend so dressed up— seeing Shawn outside of his normal clothes always did that to her. Cory pushing past the boy to greet his own date was enough to shake Shawn out of his daze. He stepped towards her to place a soft kiss on her lips. Smiling brightly at him, Juliet allowed her boyfriend to pass her the corsage he was holding. "Why thank you," she told him playfully before she took his arm. "Shall we?"

Shawn looked to Cory, who nodded. "Go ahead. We'll catch up."

"Alright, we'll be waiting in the limo," the dark-haired boy replied.

🌎🌎🌎

"Well, this has been one heck of a prom and now that it's over, you wanna go hang out in the back of the limo?"

The redhead turned and gave him a flat look. "And do what?"

"I don't know," he said as he started to giggle predictably. ". . .play?"

Juliet frowned at him and gestured between them. "We aren't doing anything until you can say the word sex without acting like a lunatic." As he continued to giggle, she added, "my point exactly. If you weren't caught up in this whole dumb stereotype we might actually be able to have a nice time!"