Resignation from Life

Picture of Scarlett to the side :)

A/N: bare with me real quick. I want to address something for EVERYONE to see. I find it rather sad that I even need to say this but here we go: please stop being so superficial people. I'm getting real tired of reading comments about how this person is ugly or you picking apart their flaws. It has nothing with voicing your "Opinions".  Especially my fellow women--it irritates me to no end. We should not give into demeaning one another like that when society and our culture does that enough for us. I don't feel like I should have to ask you to be kind and encourage one another, but here I am doing it anyway. 

Just because you don't see someones beauty does not mean that they aren't beautiful. Before you launch into of all the reason why someone doesn't measure up to your standards of beauty, go look at yourself in the mirror and think hard about how you would feel if someone were saying these things about you. 

 If can only find mean things to say--then shut the hell up or I will delete your comment. I'm done with it. I don't give a crap about your being entitled to your opinions, especially when they make you look like a ignorant asshole. 

--The Queen Potato 

Please enjoy the chapter and excuse that small rant. 

-----------------------------

I stood behind the counter tapping my finger against the counter impatiently as the woman tried to decide whether or not she wanted to order her coffee decaf or not. I was seriously one mocha frappacino away from blowing my own brains out. I smirked at the thought of how everyone would react if the girl behind the counter just pulled a gun out and shot herself. They'd probably think I had a seriously case of the mondays. I sighed. I was just being irritable from my lack of sleep and my wolf was antsy to go for a run because It had been at least a week since I had let her out free to roam. 

"You know what on second thought," The woman began, "I'll just have a tall chi tea." I give her my best fake smile but on the inside I am imagining myself jumping over the counter and slapping her. I redo her order, "Will that be all Ma'am?" I ask in my overly sweet voice. She smiles and shakes her head as I give her the total. I let out a sigh of relief as she walks away. Sagging back away from register, "Scarlett?" I hear my boss, Frankie call to me. I look toward the office door to see him standing there, "Can I talk to you for a moment please?" I nod my head but internally I'm groaning. When someone ask you if they can talk to you it's never a good thing, at least in my experience. 

"Carter, watch the register for me." I say to the girl mixing up some fresh coffee. She smiles and nods her head at me. I frown as I make my way to the office and take a seat in the hard chair across from my bosses desk. His eyes look me over in a way that I'm not sure is work appropriate but I try to ignore that. He leans back in his chair, "So I got a call this morning—" I tense up at his words and I feel my heart clench before he's even said anything else I know where this is going, "A man claiming to be from the police was asking about you..." 

I almost laugh at this, almost. Frankie continues, "He gave me his direct number line and asked me to have you call him back when I saw you again." Of course he did I try to keep from grimacing. "Is there something going on that I should know about Scarlett?" He questions raising a brow. I resist the urge to roll my eyes, Yes it's called my ex-mate won't let me go even though he rejected me and mated someone else. I put on a tight lipped smile, "Not at all. I had problems with a boyfriend a while back—must be about that." I say. Frankie nods his head finding this answer acceptable, "Well then I'll give you a moment in here to call him back. It must be important if he's trying to reach you at your work place." He got up from behind his desk and then walked from the room sliding a piece of paper with the number on it to me.