Part 56: Medical contest, the second part

We were required to change into the official medical uniform, except these were completely for cosmetic reasons.

Usually worn by the official doctors and nurses of this country, the ones that worked under the King and for the Country. 

However, all the designs on the required clothes were weaved very similar to the real ones. 

But the fabric and the fact that there was no pockets on these showed that these were solely for the competition. 

They were here to give us a 'sense' of what it'd be in real life if were we imperial medics, plus they couldn't let us do this in our school uniforms. 

That would be unprofessional and would look bad on their part. 

These robes were usually made out of disinfecting fabric so that germs wouldn't stick onto them and cause an infection unintentionally.

Unlike the first part though, the second part was a hands-on activity. 

This part of the tournament changes every year so that the possibility of cheating and preparing beforehand decreases. 

Being part of the medic team anywhere required you to heal and help patients but needed you to expect surprise, no matter how grave of a situation they were in. 

Letting students prepare full-on for it would overall ruin the whole purpose of this section of the tournament. 

They wanted to make this as a real-life situation as much as possible, or else this medic tournament wouldn't mean much to the real world and only a playground for kids. 

And that was why winning this competition was very important for any young teenager that dreamt of becoming a doctor or something along those lines. 

It would immediately push up the number and quality of recommendations from universities and success for their careers. 

Winning this tournament wasn't a joke, and that's why Ivy's reputation went soaring up after she brought the trophy back. 

People were obviously going to choose a cheerful, kind, pretty, and medically-talented girl who was gaining status as the Crown Prince's lover. 

Why would they side with a vain, beautiful but cruel, selfish girl who only cared about herself and was slowly losing supporters with Ivy gaining them?

Considering how the only thing that Roselyn had behind her at this point was her family background and education. 

However, even the future heir of the dukedom was on the heroine's side, and Roselyn's "supporters" weren't dumb. 

What they chose now might affect the future before they could change their side. 

People always should think for the future, not what the current situation was like. 

And in that case, Ivy was obviously someone that not only the Crown Prince would protect at any costs, but many other future pillars of society. 

At this point, many have already believed the love would conquer anything and everything, not power or politics. 

Many had already finished the test by now, and were quietly sitting at their spots with a worried expression weighing down their faces. 

This test, similar to the real medical test all medics needed to pass before getting their jobs, wasn't easy for them. 

I could tell Ivy was maintaining a sweet smile, but something about her told me that she was worried. 

After the timer went up, we were called to a break as many had relatively empty stomachs by now.