Chapter 34

Momo's P.O.V

Hoseok walked towards me slowly, his eyes looking at me lovingly, like I was the only reason for his existence. His eyes were full of love and admiration, something I never thought he would look at me with. Usually, it was just distant eye rolls.

I continued to sing slowly in my normal tone of voice, raising my pitch overtime to make the spell stronger. He walked closer and closer, every step longer than the previous one. He seemed completely hypnotised. Now there were only a few inches of distance between us.

His honey-brown eyes stared, wide and bright. It was actually kind of nice, he had nice positive energy that helped me keep optimistic.

I stopped singing.

He stopped moving.

He looked around a bit, confused. He stepped back immediately realising that if he made another move forward our noses would be touching.

"Please tell me that worked," I begged as he took his time to find his space.

"Yeah, it worked alright. I barely remember what I did at all. I'm so confused." He spoke, scratching the back of his beck.

I smiled, feeling accomplished.

"That's one subsidiary power down," I muttered as he nodded.

This was our second day on vacation, and neither I nor Hoseok had stayed in our dorms for too long. We would occasionally hit up the library and start checking out powers related to voices. Hoseok had brought up the idea that I might have some sort of subsidiary powers, and I was interested enough to investigate it.

We found a bunch of things related, most of which I didn't have. But the one we had just accomplished was my siren voice. A siren is a mermaid who can use her sweet voice to lure people into whatever traps she has set. A temptress you could say. My mother is a siren and turning into a mermaid is one of her subsidiary powers, something I wish I had picked up.

We tried my brother's powers too. Sound cancellation. Though I could do some form of it if the sound was too intense like a gunshot, I'm wasn't able to cancel it. But I think that just might be due to my lack of practice.

"Okay, umm I did some research, and I have a few more things we could try out," Hoseok spoke.

I was tired and I could tell he was exhausted too. But we both were weirdly so determined that we barely even slept. It was just constant practice day and night.

"Is it the hallucinations one?" I asked as he nodded his head. "We still have sound-induced nausea and other stuff to try out too." He said walking over to the side of a sunlit yellow tree. It was rather cloudy today, which was a good thing. I was never a big fan of the sun anyways. Hoseok had other preferences though, apparently the sun would give him a lot of energy throughout the day which is why he liked going outside a lot.

Over time I realized one thing about both of us. We have very different ways of thinking.

He was a more chill, optimistic and joyful person. He enjoyed socialising, is very easygoing with himself and other people and always sees the positive in every situation.

And I mean every situation.

I was more serious and hardworking. To simply put it, I'm a workaholic that can be a bit pessimistic at times, but I like to think those factors motivate me a lot to work harder. The way we perceive things, how we look at a situation, our solutions to many problems, all were visibly incompatible.

The one good thing about it was that we both were mature enough to respect each other. We both have a love of dancing and that's a topic that can sometimes fill in for those awkward silences.