039

august 8th, 2020
1:34 pm

FOR SOMEONE WHO lived in California, Ayoluwa didn't spend a lot of time at the beach

Shareef had asked her to come to the beach with him, Bronny and Shaquir and since Lauryn was at her summer camp, she held no qualms about saying yes.

Ayoluwa laid on a yellow and white floral blanket with Shareef on the other side, her sunglasses on and all of her locs tied up so they remained out of her face.

Venice Beach was only half crowded today which left the group with a lot of space to choose from on the soft sand.

The sun was beaming down on them, the ocean was further down, the appetizing smell of greasy food was in the air and the sand was a pleasant buff color.

"This was a good idea." Shaquir murmured, lifting his hand to shield his eyes.

"The best idea." Shareef agreed.

"It really was." Ayoluwa sighed, "I needed this. So so so bad."

There was rustling from across the blanket, a masculine yelp and then more rustling.

When Ayoluwa turned her head and lifted her sunglasses, she was met with Bronny's smiling face.

"Oh my god. Where's Reef?" Ayoluwa groaned.

Shareef who was now on Bronny's towel on the other side of Shaquir, raised his long arm and Ayoluwa put her sunglasses back on.

Bronny poked her arm in an attempt to regain her attention, "Ayo... Ayo..."

"Yes, Bronny?"

"When are you gonna become Mrs. James?"

"Your mom is Mrs. James." Her response elicited laughter from Shareef.

Bronny rolled his eyes, "You play too much."

"I can see it now. 'Bronny goes after older woman'. And then I'm gonna be attacked on the internet." Ayoluwa said.

India.Arie's Can I Walk With You began to play from Shaquir's phone.

Aka one of her favorite songs by her favorite artist.

Ayoluwa closed her eyes in irritation, "I know what you're doing."

"What?" Shaquir said in an innocent tone.