six; hanging out

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

amaya's point of view

"okay, well we better wrap it up so we're not late for class," keiko says, gathering her notes and packing them in her bag.

"aww! you guys are fun to study with! can we do this again?" hinata asks. a grin makes its way onto my face as i see tobio nod in my peripheral vision.

keiko and i share a look. she seems to really like hinata's company. honestly, they're pretty similar in personality so it makes sense.

"sure, shoyo!" keiko smiles. i raise my eyebrows a little at her use of his first name; kageyama and i look at each other, both surprised a little. i instantly blush at the eye contact and turn away, packing up the rest of my things.

"coach gave us a day off of practice today, so would you guys maybe want to hang out?" hinata asks hopefully. i'm a little taken aback— no one really asks me to hang out with them.

i don't really have many friends. in fact, until keiko and i met, i didn't have any here at karasuno.

"that sounds fun! don't you think sugi?" keiko asks, kicking my foot under the table. i nod, "yeah sure!"

"what about you, kageyama?"

"i-uh, i guess so," he says quietly.

"awesome! why don't we all meet at the vending machine in the courtyard after school?" hinata suggests as we all file out of the booth. everyone hums in agreement and bids each other goodbyes and thanks before heading off to class. i head the same way kageyama is going.

we walk in silence for a little while before he breaks it. "thanks again. i'm sorry hinata kind of invited himself to study with you guys. i didn't mean to intrude."

i look at him quizzically. "is that what you think? you guys didn't intrude at all! actually it was much more fun with you guys. and i'd love to do it again!" i smile brightly. i feel a little bad that he didn't feel all that welcomed. i definitely know the feeling.

he stops in front of a classroom near to mine. "me too," he says, a small, tight-lipped smile forming on his face. it's the first time since i've seen him in person that i've seen him smile. "well, this is my class," he nods, "i'll see you after school amaya?"

"y-yeah, definitely," i stutter, blushing a little. "bye, tobio."

and with that i make my way to my class.