Tolerate | Eren x Reader

Prompt- Eren and Readers child introducing their significant other for the first time

Male Pronouns
(I hate that I have to say it but ANY hate will be removed. I have no tolerance. Be a nice person or leave)

K/n- Kid name
S/n- Significant Other Name

You can make up any gender you want for them:)

"But what if-"

"I told you Y/n. Anything- and I mean anything happens and i'll beat his ass. But that's besides the point, we raised K/n to be loving and supportive- I doubt they'd date someone who didn't share the same morals."

"Yeah... your right."

"Of course I am, now take a deep breath and relax."

They had 1 hour before K/n, their child, brought over their significant other. Eren wasn't sure how he felt, but it wasn't very positive. He felt standoffish towards the stranger making sure to remind himself to be attentive, even though he didn't have to. He was looking for anything and everything that might raise a red flag and although he was happy for them, he didn't want them falling into something that was doomed from the start. This was his kid after all and he wanted the best for them. You, however, were extremely nervous- both in a good and bad way.

When the doorbell rang you practically ran for it, Eren following you quickly but with less enthusiasm.

They were perfect. Their manners, tone, actions, as well as their kindness all fit perfectly with K/n. In your opinion, they were made for each other.

Eren though the same, though he'd never admit it. He sat on the couch next to you, watching the whole time as the three of you conversed, occasionally adding something in.

He supposed his favorite part about S/n was his demeanor. They had a strong yet gentle presence, they was kind yet knew boundaries- both for themself and others.

Even at dinner he never spoke out of turn or interrupted. He was polite and never chewed with his mouth open, that extremely annoyed Eren so he was slightly thankful when S/n didn't, and he never made things awkward.

You and him had been slightly worried, the former being more so, that S/n wouldn't be accepting. Eren had worried that since their parents were considered ideal that K/n would have a difficult time finding a partner.

S/n, however, shattered their expectations.

That's why when S/n asked Eren and you about your marriage, he didn't feel to uncomfortable answering.

"So how long have you and Mr. Jeager been together?" S/n asked Eren.

"Around 22 years, our anniversary is in 3 months."

"Congratulations! That's amazing." S/n praised.

"Thank you." You said.

S/n nodded in acknowledgement and as a 'Your welcome' gesture while Eren decided to continue the conversation.

"How did you meet K/n?"

"They were in my history call sir, I accidentally knocked over their water bottle and ruined their homework. Don't worry though, I apologized and redid it for them, I also refilled their water bottle and all. We became friends after that and well... here we are." S/n smiled.

Eren wasn't too happy about the water bottle incident but he supposed he couldn't be mad. K/n had forgive S/n after all and they had already said sorry and fixed it. Plus, it was in the past and even though he was looking for something this just seemed plain petty.

Eren and S/n continued to talk, you and K/n secretly smiling to each other.

Soon the time came and S/n went home, after thanking them for the meal and getting to meet them.

Later that night while you and Eren laid in bed he spoke.

"What do you think about S/n?" Eren asked.

"I think he's a good kid. I'm glad K/n found a good one. What about you?"

"Eh he's okay."

"Oh come on, we both know that they'll soon be your new best friend."

"Nope." Eren said.

"Yup. We saw it today at dinner. You like them."

"I do not. I just tolerate them."

"Yeah okay." You remarked sarcastically while turning over, preparing for bed.

"I'm serious! I just tolerate the kid. Nothing more."

You ignored him and instead went to be, Eren secretly seething at you while he did the same.

a/n- cute Eren... well Eren's always cute but you get the point.

what's your most memorable memory?
[I can't seem to remember anything from my childhood lol]

this was a request by MarcoAckerman8

your doing amazing love<r