🌲{-Chapter 18- Slightly Unprepared-}🌲

We're in the end game now 😳

Things to help you!

Obstructive- definition: causing a blockage or obstruction.

Putrid- definition: very unpleasant; repulsive.

Fatigued- definition; cause (someone) to feel tired or exhausted.

(Also please excuse the poor fighting scenes ugh)
___________________________

"People always say to me, "Just go up and say hi to your crush! It's super easy!" , well of course it is, BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE 'SAID PERSON'."
___________________________

No ones POV

The girl stood there staring at the simple card that shown an ace, that could mean anything to anyone of course, for instance, it could just mean a playing card to a average person, or a good chance to a gambler in a certain game, but to (Y/n) it meant something very, very different, not to mention on the card scribbled with ink was a simple number four, did that mean days? Hours? Weeks? She didn't know. But what she did know, was that she needed to prepare. The tall goopy skeleton took no notice of the playing card that lay beside him, he was too busy staring at the lush scenery in front of him while he held his small human close. Though, he did start to worry when his love didn't move a muscle, "My dear, are you well?" Nightmare attempted to look down at you but you were quick and hasty to hide the simple card, "A-Ah! Yes! Quite well thank you, w-why?" (Y/n) moved to the opposite side of where the card lay and looked up, meeting the cyan gaze of the skeleton. "You're tense, and shaking slightly," Nightmare now took notice that her usual (E/c) and glimmering eyes were clouded with uneasiness and distress, "I-I am quite well I assure you..." Her voice trailed off and her eyes became clouded now, she was almost in a haze. "Maybe we should head back home," The skeleton pulled up his hood and shaded his eye so as no one would know who he was, (Y/n) nodded and pulled up her own hood as well, "Yes, I think that would be best." She offered a smile to the goopy being and he, in return, offered his arm. The girl took his arm, and together they entered through the portal to the gloomy and familiar castle, but before they entered through the swirling vortex you looked back to the ground where the card lay and your brows furrowed, 'I won't let him win...'. Coming to the other side, she let go of her significant other's arm and dusted off her dress, "Erm- Nightmare, I have some things I have to attend to, may I see you later at dinner?" She gave him a smile and he nodded back, "Of course, just do not forget to rest my dear." he smiled gently toward her, "Of course."

Time is an interesting subject, some may argue it goes by quickly when you're having fun, and some may argue it slows to a pace only a snail or a turtle could possibly hope to match, but time, in general, is time and whether someone thinks it goes fast or slow does not matter, it only matters on a certain humans' perspective. (Y/n) felt as though time was neither slow or fast, for her, it felt as though it wasn't in her favor right now, "Cape I need my cape..." She mumbled as she rushed frantically to find her lost cape, "Oh for goodness' sake! I just had it not even three hours ago!" She continued to mumble under her breath until she finally found her cloak, it had slipped off her chair and fell underneath her small table that was set with a mirror and it wasn't quite lit up underneath and the cape's dark color blended with the darkness. "Ah there you are!" She gave herself a mental high-five and in slipping it on she clipped the clasp to her cape and gathered her things. "Okay," she took a breath in and let it out, "Time to finish this." A spark of determination and bravery lit her eyes and she pulled the hood of her cape to cover her features, she then summoned her strength for a portal to an AU that was abandoned many centuries ago, and in walking through, she clasped the fabric where her heart and soul were and she took one more sharp breath in when she came to the other end.