🌲{-Chapter 19- Peace at Last-}🌲

These can seem so cringe sometimes ugh–

Also, I apologize for the wait, oops!

Reminder,
(h/l) = hair length.
(h/c) = hair color.
(e/c) = eye color.
___________________________

"My book plot fell apart as I was writing... Oh well!"
___________________________

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?!" Nightmare ran over to where (Y/n) stood and grasped her shoulder, the girl turned and gave a sigh of relief. "It's over," (Y/n) smiled at the skeleton, "Finally, we can have peace." she laughed and lunged at Nightmare, engulfing him in a hug. "I'm still quite confused, how did you know that man and how did you take away his magic?" Nightmare's questions were very reasonable and logical, the readers would agree, don't you think? "Ah- well, how about we go home to the castles library and discuss this?" (Y/n) laughed awkwardly and broke the hug, Nightmare seemed somewhat satisfied with her answer to his question. "Alright, let's get you home," Drawing you to his chest Nightmare smirked when you gave a small squeak in surprise at his quick action, "Hold tight," the feeling of everything around you disappearing hit (Y/n) fast and once they both came to the castle she staggered, trying to regain her sense of balance. But, as (Y/n) stumbled, she lost her grip and fell to the ground, or, at least she would've if a certain goopy pair of arms hadn't caught her mid-way and scooped her up. "You must be more careful my dear, I don't want you to hasten your actions after what you just went through." Nightmare laughed as his partner flushed a rosy red, but preceded to lay her down on the couch in the library. "Just relax..." His voice came to a deep and soft tone as he rubbed (Y/n)'s rosy cheek lovingly. At these times, (Y/n) was glad she could just bathe in her goopy skeleton's warm aura, kind of ironic since he's made of negativity. Then again, none of this book makes sense, and the author knows that all too well.

(Y/n) took in a sharp deep breath and let it out as she spoke, "Alright, where to begin..." Snuggling into Nightmare's warmth, she pondered on when she first met Ace. "It had definitely happened before I knew or met you. But, I had met Ace when I was running my daily errands, I think at the time I was seventeen, and I ran into him by accident. It scared the living out of me, which of course, caused flowers to spring up in my hair and he took notice of it. He smiled at me and then preceded to tell me that he had the very same magic as I did, it was the first time I had ever met someone like myself, so naturally I immediately wanted to know more about him."
She paused and took another breath in, "I began to get to know him and I believe that's when he took a liking to me. I also believe he did not only for that reason, but because I was like him as well. He kept following me and would 'accidentally' bump into me to get my attention. It got worse and worse until he took me to a lush cliff side in the spring and there he confessed he loved me. But, something with his aura set me off, it didn't feel quite right, so I told him I didn't feel the same way about him and I apologized. He didn't take it well at all and he said that "I was his," and "Only he understood me. He's the only one for me in this pathetic world." And that's when he went psychotic. He tried to attack me but I hit his face with my hand which, unconsciously, had a magic charge for self defense. It hit him creating those scars and then he disappeared for years and years until I met him once more in a dream. Or at least I thought it was a dream..."

(Y/n) rested her cheek in her palm and sighed, rubbing one of her eyes in frustration, "I'm sorry, I know, I should have told you but he threatened to kill you and I would rather have been taken away, than have you killed." Nightmare sighed and pulled his human close to his chest, "It's alright, just promise me that if another being should plan to snatch you away and threaten to kill me, you'll tell me immediately." (Y/n) laughed at the skeleton's words, Her shoulders bobbing up and down in pure happiness. "Of course Nootmare," Nightmare scowled at her pitiful nickname but then chuckled himself, "I'll let that ridiculous nickname go for now." (Y/n) giggled, her laughter ceased and she snuggled into her goopy skeleton's arms and let out a breath that felt as if she was holding it in for months. She played with Nightmare's hand, which of course dwarfed hers in comparison, and a smile gently graced her features. "I just can't believe I can rest without living in constant fear. I've never been so at peace as I am now..." Her voice trailed softly off and her eyes sparkled with relief in the orangish-yellow glow of the fire. It seemed there always was a fire going in the library, huh? "I've told you a million times to rest, yet you never heed my words," Nightmare smirked and booped (Y/n)'s nose playfully, "You should listen more often." (Y/n) let out a giggle at his words. "I know, I'm sorry!" She rolled her eyes and continued to play with the skeleton's gloved skele-hand, "Is it difficult to pick up things with your large hands?" Nightmare fake gasped in offense and (Y/n) chuckled at his over dramatic actions. "You're very rude calling my hands large, but on the bright side I can do this..." Nightmare then engulfed (Y/n)'s face in his hand, his palm practicality covered the poor girl's face and she tried to speak but her words came out muffled. "Nifhmmph'!" She tried to say Nightmare's name and he laughed as he removed his hand from her face, the girl playfully glared at him. "Ya know, it doesn't help that you're hand has a glove on it," (Y/n) smiled, but, then curiosity struck her, she had only seen his hand ungloved once before, and that was a very short amount of time. She seized his hand and pulled the white glove off, causing the skeleton to be confused at her actions. "What are you doing, my love?" (Y/n) then preceded to examine his boney hand, leading Nightmare to chuckle, "All you wanted was to see my hand? Really?" The girl shushed him and bent some of his slightly goopy phalanges in wonder, "Goopy..." She mumbled and traced down his fingers to his palm.