29 • Popcorn & flashcards • 29

The rest of the weekend went by quickly

The rest of the weekend went by quickly. In the end, I chose not to go and see Billy at work. I realised I needed to study for my next English test and I probably wouldn't get as much studying done at Cafe Rocks as I would at home.

My anger had also cooled off a bit from Friday. I was still mad about the things the boys had said to me, but I realised the events after the game were still a sensitive subject that need time before they can be brought up again. Letting the dust settle may make that particular conversation easier and prevent it from ending in another argument.

With a anti-conflict approach towards my stepbrothers, things were easier and had settled down at home now. Of course, there was no improvement between me and Sebastian. He was still treating me in the same cold, dismissive and distant manner. There's no improvement there. However, Tommy and me were back to where we were before and may have even improved.

Harry was a different matter. We were okay, but I still didn't understand him. On Sunday evening, he came into my room asking if we were still onto study together at Taylor's on Tuesday. At first, I was shocked by the audacity of the request after everything that had happened. But, I caved.

I was reluctant to do him any favours, but I reminded was aware he did me a favour after the party at Cafe Rocks and I had to tread carefully. So I decided to agree to it, hoping our relationship had already been through the worst.

When Tuesday came, Jason drove Taylor and me back to their house after school. Harry had said he'd come by later. I was relieved by this because it gave us some time alone without him.

In the car ride on the way to Taylor's house, I reminded her about Harry joining us. To begin with, she was unsure due to the events that had happened, but we talked and decided it was a good thing to do.

Taylor and I hung out in her living room before Harry arrived. Her living-room was decorated much like the rest of her house, with cream carpets and elegant cream wallpaper. It was the kind of place you'd expect Taylor to live.

"So, how's it going with Billy?" Taylor asked me, sitting cross legged on the sofa across from me, painting her nails red.

I looked at her suspiciously. "What do you mean?"

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Come on, I wasn't that drunk Saturday night. I saw what was going on. I saw the way you were looking at each other when you came out of the water. I'm not blind."

I looked down in embarrassment, realising she'd picked up on our silent conversation. Lovely.

"So, tell me. You still like him right?" Taylor persisted.

I shrugged. "I don't know If I like him, it's just different."

Taylor nodded . "I get that, he's different from Alex. Despite him disappearing, he seems sweet enough. We've got to remember that just because the football team don't like somebody, doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't."