69

FLASHBACK

JULY 1998

SUNYOO POV

All my life, it was always me being spoiled. Someone who had a silver spoon or even a golden spoon in my mouth. Everyday, I woke up to people giving me what I want.

And never did anybody say no.

I came from a rich family, we were even richer than the Kims. My mother the daughter of a loan shark, a director, and a businessman. So she mostly provided for us while my dad was a businessman too.

"Chanyoo, when are you going on a business trip? Again? You know, you should spend more time on the kids," dad said as I sat on the floor near dad's office.

"I have to, you know I'm always busy. The maids can always attend to their needs," mom replied as he was looking at mom.

"We're both busy, okay? You know, if you keep spoonfeeding our children like that everyday, they won't be independent," dad replied.

"Don't be scared about that, they'll do just fine. Let Sunyoo study for her upcoming tests, along with her broth-"

"Stop neglecting your children, okay? It's not healthy, and Sunyoo... isn't she too young to be pressured like this?" Dad asked and mom sighed.

"I'm doing this so she'll be ready for the future! Sunyoo needs to be ready to become someone... that could become a powerful woman," mom replied.

"Hey hey, don't listen to them," a calm voice said, and I turned to the person who was smiling warmly at me.

"Play with your brother, okay? I'm here, and I'll teach you too if you need anything," he said and I smiled back before nodding.

He was my twin brother. He and I were always together, and he cared for me a lot, since he was a minute older.

APRIL 2004

"Sunyoo, if you get a 100 on your entrance exam, I'll get you that new phone," mom said and I nodded as she smiled and turned away.

"Hey bub," my dad said as soon as mom walked away, and he smiled before touching patting my hair.

"You seem tired, were you always like this? I'm sorry for always being busy, but I'm free right now," dad said and I smiled.

"I'm fine, and I'll do well on my exams to please everyone, so cheer for me!" I smiled and he chuckled.

"Do well. Your brother went to school early for practice, so you'll be going alone today," dad beamed and I nodded before walking to the car.

-

"Hey Sunyoo, mind if you can post this on your classroom bulletin? This is an announcement, okay?" Kim Seokjin sunbaenim said as he gave me the flyers.

He was beautiful. I guess I could say that after he always talked to me when he met me. If it weren't for him I wouldn't have forgotten all the pressure I felt all the time.

"Sure, thank you... sunbae," I replied as  bowed at him, and he bowed back.

"Let me know if you need anything, alright? By the way, you look pretty with the new haircut," Seokjin smiled before walking away, and I couldn't help but smile at his statement.

He might be one of my strongest crushes right now. And I was in my first year of middle school.

"You like him?" A calm voice asked and I jumped, looking at the figure next to me.