-2.4 mya orlando

chapter twenty-four!

"HOLD ON," told Alex, to Noah. He'd called during the middle of rush hour at the dinner, panicking. Miguel was there too, waiting for Alex to get off her shift so they could hang out. Their relationship was still yet to be defined, a lot still being unknown between the two. What was known, however, was that they were so much more than best friends. Alex covered her other ear in attempt to block out the noise from the rest of the building, but to almost no avail. "Slow down, Noah. What're you talking about?"

"Mya," he pants out, making Alex pause for a moment. That moment was long enough for Miguel to notice, however, because he was over by her side immediately, his hand sitting on her shoulder comfortingly. What's going on? he mouthed to her, but she held up a finger as she kept listening. "She joined Miyagi-Do. It's insane, she's talking like she's a good person and Mr. LaRusso is actually buying it. Not me, Demetri, Sam or Robby, though. We know she's the devil spawn, all right? We don't trust her. And now that she's learning karate, you should definitely steer clear of her because— no offense— but she could kill you without even breaking a sweat. I mean—"

"Noah, calm down," she heard Sam's voice say in the background, then closer up as Alex assumed she grabbed the phone. "Listen, Alex, just be careful, okay? We all know she has it out for you."

"Yeah," continued Robby, making Alex wonder just how many people were listening in on their conversation. Alex used her foot to push open the door to the back room of the diner, Miguel following close behind. "and if you think there's going to be any trouble, just call one of us. We won't hesitate to be there."

"Yeah, yeah okay," she tells him, and she can hear Demetri arguing with someone in the background. She figured that that had to do with some of the Cobra Kai kids joining Miyagi-Do, which Miguel had already told her about, along with a briefing on some guy, Kreese, who Miguel apparently had mixed feelings about. He'd also told her about Mr. LaRusso storming into Cobra Kai and accusing all the students of vandalizing Miyagi-Do. Alex had a feeling that Hawk had something to do with that, especially since Sam, Noah, and Robby had beat him in a fight at the local mall a few days before. She'd heard all about that from Casey, who was upset over the fact that she had broken up with Hawk after the said fight because he was originally targeting Demetri over a Yelp review. A Yelp review. Alex was confused— a few days ago Demetri and Hawk we're still friends, Casey was worrying about her growing crush on the boy with the red mohawk, and everything was mostly peaceful in the Valley. She hadn't even known that Hawk and Casey had started dating until it had already ended. Everything just seemed to be going to hell. "Uh, you guys sound busy, so I'll let you go. Talk to you later."

"All right. Talk to you later," responds Noah, followed by a chorus of bye's from the rest of the group, including Demetri, who sounded pretty far away and just happened to but-in at the last moment. She was about to hang up, but she heard some extra arguing in the background and looked at her phone in confusion. Demetri was the one who spoke this time, his voice laced with utter annoyance, "Chris says bye, too."

"Oh," smiled Alex. She'd met him and Mitch a few times and they seemed pretty nice. She wasn't aware, however, that Chris was one of the Cobra Kai members who switched to Miyagi-Do. It kind of surprised her because Mitch was still at Cobra Kai, and they seemed to be pretty close friends. The whole dojo-rivalry thing seemed to be causing more trouble than it's worth. "Well, tell him I said bye as well."

She then heard Demetri huff and Chris cheer. She laughed, hanging up the phone. She turned back around, Miguel staring at her with an expecting look on his face. "What was that all about? I tried to listen in but I can't hear anything over this crowd."