Chapter 35 - Les

- Chapter 35 - It's Les, Not Leslie -
Warnings: I don't know what to put for this. Les coming out is basically the chapter
Third Person POV

A/N, I swear I always get Les or Crutchie and I've taken it so many times to get someone else lol. (It didn't work).
By the way, I've never written about someone being Trans before, so if I'm doing something wrong or if it's offensive, tell me.
Btw, thank you to the lovely Addie_your_Queen for reading this over for me.

Les turns to face his older brother. "Hey, Dave." He starts softly.

"Yeah, Lee?" Davey responds as he folds his clothes.

Les cringes a bit at the nickname.

Leslie/Lee.

He hated that name.

"Can I go see Romeo?" Les asks quietly, looking down at his hands like he was scared he was going to get yelled at.

Davey stops for a moment, a shirt in his hands as he looks at his younger sister.

What's up with her?

"You've been seeing him a lot recently." Davey points out quietly. "Is something wrong?" He asks. "Am I that horrible of company?" He jokes.

Les laughs a bit. "No, of course not." He responds. "I just have something to tell him."

Davey nods, going back to folding his shirt. "Okay." He agrees.

Les' eyes light up.

"Go get Sarah and tell her we're going there." Davey tells him. "And we'll leave when I finish putting away our clothes."

Les nods, leaving the room.

With Jack and Davey
A bit later

"Do you know why Les has been hanging out with Romeo so much?" Davey speaks up softly.

Jack looks at him. "No..." he starts slowly. "I didn't even know they've been hanging out."

Davey nods.

"Why?" Jack asks.

Davey shrugs a bit, staring at the other boys who were across the yard from them. "Just wondering. I want to know if something's wrong so I can help him." He answers.

Jack nods. "I understand."

They stay silent for a minute.

Jack carefully takes Davey's hand in his own. "I'm sure if something was wrong, Romeo would help him, and tell us if it was that bad." He assures the younger boy.

Davey nods. "I know."

Jack presses a soft kiss to his knuckles, causing Davey's fists to uncurl a bit and for him to relax, but only slightly.

With Les and Romeo

"I hate that name." Les complains, falling backwards into Romeo's bed.