Chapter 37 - Finch

- Chapter 37 - Thank You to pansexual_person6 for Helping me and Answering my Questions :) -
Warnings: Mentions of Snyder and nerves, but nothing that serious
Third Person POV

Tommy boy held Finch's hand as they walked into the living room.

Jack was sat in the middle of the living room, inside of a large box, his tongue out in concentration as he painted.

He had paint all over him.

Jack looks up when he hears them. He smiles, waving at them.

Tommy boy chuckles. "Why is it when I need you, I always find you painting a box?" He asks.

Jack chuckles, looking down at himself and the box. "I'm just that selfless, Tb." He responds, looking up at him. "I just keep... painting boxes for people." He bats his eyelashes.

Both Tommy boy and Finch chuckle, Finch's sounding noticeably more worried.

Tommy boy squeezes their hand.

Jack notices, his eyes flicking from their hands to them. "What's up? Everything okay?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowing slightly in concern.

Tommy boy looks over at Finch.

Finch nods slightly. It was really a twitch of the head, one you wouldn't have noticed if you weren't paying very close attention to them.

Tommy boy looks back at Jack. "We have something to tell you." He informs him.

Jack places his paint brush and palette down, looking up at them. "You have my full attention." He informs them.

Tommy boy smiles, nudging Finch slightly with his arm.

A small smile formed on Finch's lips. "So... um..." they look back over at Tommy boy, obviously nervous.

Tommy boy shoots them a reassuring smile, squeezing their hand.

Finch looks back at Jack, expecting him to be annoyed for taking a while.

Jack looked semi-worried and the same amount of focused on Finch he had been before. No sign of annoyance on his face.

(Bleh, this sentence.
Bleh, Finch.
Fudge cupcakes you, Albert.
*annoyed author eye-roll*
I made fudge cupcakes!
Of course you did, Race.
They taste really good :)

That calmed Finch down slightly. They take a deep breath and exhales slowly. "I was thinking and I was just wondering if you could use They/Them pronouns for me?" They asks, their eyes closed.

Jack smiles. "Of course." He tells them.

Finch's eyes open and they stare at Jack, their eyes wide.

Tommy boy's smile seemed to grow as he squeezes Finch's hand.

Jack pulls out his phone. "Let me just text myself to remind myself so that I don't accidentally use the wrong pronouns." He says.

Finch was just as shocked. "You're-" they almost choke on their words. "you're okay with it?" They ask.

Slightly confused, Jack looks up at them. "Why wouldn't I be?" He asks. "We're you expecting me to be like 'Finch, how dare you ask me to use different pronouns so that you're comfortable.'" He mimics Snyder's voice.