A Night at Epiphanies

*Slight Smut Warning*

A small bookshop resides on the corner of two busy intersections, its windows glistening and gleaming with book displays and baubles on red velvet stands. On one of those stands is a book with a city skyline and the outline of two silhouetted figures within it. Lines of people fill the store entryway, men and women all eagerly talking as they hold copies of this book in their hands. Taehyung is one of them. He excitedly rocks back and forth on his heels as he holds a copy of A City's Love in his hands. At the toll of a bell, everyone heads towards the back of the store where tucked amongst rows of bookshelves is a makeshift reading area. Dozens of folding chairs fill the space and face a small podium, yet instead of sitting up towards the front, Taehyung wanders to the back corner, setting the book on his lap before his fingers trace over the dust jacket and the author's name: Jeon Jungkook. He peeks up towards the podium, and there stands his fiance and the bookstore owner. Both men have a jovial grin on their face, their quiet words lost to the spying blond man as the audience slowly begin to fill the seats, their words, and conversations laced with general admiration of the author in front of them.

Jungkook sees Taehyung sitting at the back of the audience, hands resting on the book, and a big boxy grin on his lips. The author can never get tired of the proud gleam in Taehyung's eyes and the massive amount of support he provided as Jungkook rushed to finish this book. He was there for him through the whole thing, inspiring him and supporting him when Jungkook's fear and doubts started bubbling up. He told him it was okay to switch genres when the publishers told him not to. He supported when Jungkook dropped that company and looked for a new one, one that would support his decision to write something beyond hardcore erotica, and he celebrated with Jungkook when he finally got accepted with his new publishing company. It was a long journey, yet Taehyung was there every step of the way, and Jungkook honestly cannot thank him enough. He blows Taehyung a kiss when he sees the blond staring at him, and Taehyung blushes before shyly blowing a kiss back at him. The two men barely pay attention to the audience around them, and finally, the group of readers quiet down as the store owner steps up to the podium.

"Hello everyone and welcome! My name is Kim Namjoon, and thank you all so much for coming tonight! You have no idea how much it means to me that you will take your time out of your weekend for this wonderful author event. Tonight, we have author Jeon Jungkook sharing his amazing new novel, A City's Love which critics say is both a sentimental love story for urban life and for struggling couples. I've known Jungkook for years now, and when he first shared this idea with me over a cup of coffee, I knew this would be a book I'd love to read and let me just say, it has continued to surprise me," the man stops talking and smiles sheepishly, "I'm babbling; I apologize. Y'all didn't come out here to hear me speak, so without further ado, please join me in welcoming Jeon Jungkook," Namjoon claps, and a roaring applause fills the shop that has Jungkook smiling widely, patting Namjoon on the back as he steps up to the podium.

"Thank you all so much!" Jungkook says and immediately the applause dies down, the audience riveted by Jungkook's sweet voice, "It is so amazing seeing so many excited faces, and like Namjoon said, thank you for coming out this evening and supporting me and the Epiphanies Bookshop. If you guys have never been here before, I highly suggest you stick around and check out the amazing selection this place has. And the history," Jungkook pauses as he flashes his friend a smile, "I've been coming to this bookstore for as long as I can remember--back when Namjoon's dad owned it--and honestly this place is a secret sanctuary, so please enjoy it if you can,"

Jungkook glances back at Taehyung, smiling fondly when he sees Taehyung smile back and make a gesture with his hand raising it subtly up and down, reminding Jungkook to breathe. So the author does. He takes a breath, composes his thoughts, and opens his copy of A City's Love.