𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

∗

"What do you think, Bridgerton? This one more to your liking?" Henry Granville asked in front of his painting making Benedict turn around and stand up to come face to face with Lord Granville.

"Mr. Granville..." he started

"Perhaps they should take it over to Somerset House so it can be skyed right next to mine." Mr. Granville continued.

"I believe I owe you an apology, sir." Benedict continued.

"Unnecessary.I actually quite enjoy the eloquent stings of your critique. So?"

"A touch morose for my tastes." Benedict said once he looked at the painting.

"Mm." Grandville said and pointed another painting.

"A tragedy. The hound deserved better." Benedict told him, making him laugh.

"Where is yours?" Henry asked.

"My..."

"Your work." Henry said, and looking at his body language. "Are you to tell me you're not an artist yourself?"

"Well, I... I suppose sometimes I like to... Well, I mean, I almost..."

"I believe "yes" and "thank you" are the words you seek. But either way, you should come by my studio. The pieces I do for myself are there, and I think you will find my real work far less, um..." Grandville said while taking out a little card with his information and continue, "Oh, how did you put it? "Cold and lacking inner life"?"

"Mm. I shall never live that down, shall I?" Benedict asked, he just hummed and left the mans behind.

At the night arrived, all the ladies and gentlemen were getting ready for tonight's ball. Aelianna was doing Elaine's hair while she hummed a song.

"That's a beautiful song, did you write it?" Ella asked her older sister while looking her from the mirror.

"I did, do you like it?" She asked with a smile.

"I do." Elaine said. "Elia, do you think You find true love?"

Aelianna watched her sister and asked, "With whom?"

"Benedict Bridgerton, perhaps. Do you think he is the one for you?" Elaine asked, a smile adorning Aelianna's face.

As we all know, there is nothing this author loves more than a scandal, and tonight's soiree promises more than its fair share, courtesy of the recently widowed Lady Trowbridge.